long hose run

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We got a 45000sqft job coming up where the buildings are in kind of a U shape or almost C shape.

We can set up from two different ends of the buildings..but I don't want to. I'm thinking of getting a vac booster to be able to to run extra 150 feet of vac hose.

What do you smart ones recommend? Mytee airhog or whatever its called?

It would save a lot of times to do the floors in one set up instead of breaking down everything and set up the other end again....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I can only run about 200-250 feet with the tm (to still have sufficient vac performance with the el d) anything longer will not have enough suction...I don't care what anyone says..I have tried it.. and over 250 feet, a freaking dental extractor in your mouth- during dental work- will have more suction... :lol:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
El D with 45 roots

I run 85 feet of 2.5 inch and 2 inch all the way after that to a 14inch Greenhorn.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Be interesting to know if a vac booster can keep up and increase the air volume (and or water lift) generated from a good size blower.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have done a job where we hooked up a us products flood pumper at the end of a hoserun of about 250 feet and put another 100 feet on it to reach the wand. It worked good. It was also pumping out all day so didn't need to stop and empty the tm waste tank. It was a job also in the 40000sqft range and we had two tm running all day.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
El D with 45 roots

I run 85 feet of 2.5 inch and 2 inch all the way after that to a 14inch Greenhorn.

More 2.5" will get you more usable distance. I haven't done any testing, but I think I would invest in more 2.5 vs a booster.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd just get all you can reach and then unhook and swing your hoses to the other exit.

Stringing all that hose is no fun and can become a trip fall hazard too. We've done run's of 400-600 ft and personally I prefer using other entrances when we can.

Save your money for something you'll use more often.....or Zee you could always send me a couple of hundred for saving you money! :biggrin:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'd just get all you can reach and then unhook and swing your hoses to the other exit.

Stringing all that hose is no fun and can become a trip fall hazard too. We've done run's of 400-600 ft and personally I prefer using other entrances when we can.

Save your money for something you'll use more often.....or Zee you could always send me a couple of hundred for saving you money! :biggrin:

I would do that with the hoses but the problem is that the buildings are 4 floors high and we would need to set the hoselines up thru trash chutes.

A lot of wasted time would be to not try to do each floor from one set up.

I was looking to get the booster so I can then use the booster at the rug wash pit to do extraction of the rugs instead of running a tm.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I read your post and what it is that you wanted to achieve with interest. And, for those reasons, that is why I designed and invented the POWER BOOSTER way back in the early 70's.

I would think that in this situation, one would want to achieve "optimum" extraction performance at such a long distance. Therefore, there is no other way than to use a (POWER) Booster System with high CFM's/Air-flow which can be placed in-line closer to your wand. And, I would personally not recommend a "auto pump out" because they will eventually clog and you'll turn that cleaning job into a water damage real quick.

Something to consider (???)

best;
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom