Longevity of wand jets

Bob Foster

I am under the impression that stainless jets last much longer than brass jets.

What is a typical 550 - 600degree spray patten new and what does the pattern look like when the jet is worn out?

Is there any visual examination of a jet orifice where you can actually see a badly or even slightly worn jets.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"What is a typical 550 - 600degree spray patten new"

huh???

when jets wear, it's not so much that the spray angle changes, Bob.
Not that I've noticed anyway.

a 95 degree jet will still be pretty much a 95 degree pattern after a 1000 hours use, it will just have a heavier volume of spray in the center than when new

..L.T.A.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
The spray pattern narrows according to the manufacturer on elliptical pattern jets which are the main type that our industry uses. Also there can be a decrease in operating pressure

roro

John Watson

Brass does wear faster than SS. Our problem was employees would pull the in line filter (Don't ask me why) and the jet would plug with minute pieces of debris and they would use the wrong sized welding tip cleaner to clear the jet and change the size and alter the angle. Stainless was harder for them to screw up.

Had ss jets last for years

Greenie

As the orifice wears, you lose the knife like cutting edge of the fan jet.

If it's your stair wand, you'll be good for 10 years, If it's your main weapon change them annually, they aren't that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom