Looking for 4" vac hose

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just to be on the safe side, you may want to advise your clients to remove all small objects from the house prior to your cleaning.
Like: Kids, pets, short unwanted husbands.

Actually, you may want to advertise for same :winky:

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Grainger (pricey) or a plumbing or other supply that stocks for septic contractors...........

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why stop at 5-inch, we use 8-inch vac hose, amazing suction...................................................................................for air ducts!

IMG_20120510_155809.jpg

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Joe Bristors 2" vt14 wand with slot glide and Mytees ergonomic composite handle (a real back saver, allows you to really get pressure on the head for extra agitation.

no tech, just me and my 62 YO father :)

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
a9yje2yg.jpg

yjave8yn.jpg

Got some basic alignments done, general idea of what size belt i need ( going with gates poly chain carbon belt drive)

I know now why butler never made a powerstroke DD, it is next to impossible to mount anything, but so many cross beams, and the fuel tank right under where the blower is, I've had to drop the tank just to get the blower bolted down.

Reactions: Newman

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Yessir, 4 mufflers, hooked up to a 4" exhaust wye to dual 2.5" outlets, I did this with my 56 blower white magic ( tweaked to turn the blower at its max rpm) and it was whisper quiet.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have an elbow routing the exhaust sideways, then down the side next to the fuel tank. It's tricky but will work.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
What clutch are you using to turn that big blower and pump. It looks like a WM driveshaft

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
What clutch are you using to turn that big blower and pump. It looks like a WM driveshaft

Yes that is a WM shaft I had laying around, and the only one long enough for this setup, I have 3 other Butler shafts but the end of the shafts didn't even go past the back of the seat.

The clutch is an Ogura rated at 300ft lb, it was $400 but worth every penny. The nice thing about the Powerstroke drive system is it uses an 8 Rib belt, instead of a 6 rib. Meaning allot more Grab.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I think thats the same clutch that I have on my WM HV system. It's a 7 inch clutch and it spins my 56 blower at 20 hg with a cat 5 cp pump without a problem. As you progress post more pictures. I'd like to see where your putting the clutch.

Steve Smith

Interesting project.
Will you be using automotive style mufflers or industrial silencers?
Are you running two mufflers in series off of each 2.5" leg?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I believe it was McMaster-Carr that I bought my first length of 3" vacuum hose. Its just the same as our normal vacuum hose, will easily be able to fit between tanks, just wouldn't put it after the blower.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Sad news, had to scrub this project.
The base I made was not strong enough to handle the intense torque from the gear belt drive, causing horrific chattering, louder than the exhaust of the blower. (Very quiet blower btw)

I wanted to start using this van asap, so I threw in a White magic Pro1200 I modified a while back (Spinning a roots 56 at 3100 rpm for some serious suck)
Its a kickin machine... it just doesnt have that "Cool" factor that this project was going to have.

Im going to have to weld up a 1/4 plate base for the shaft and blower to sit on, and possibly go without gear belts... but that will mean much larger "V" pulleys, as they can only deliver a fraction of the HP of the gearbelts. And this blower spins FAST (4000 Rpm)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom