looking for a new tile tool

Mikey P

Administrator
not a spinner but something like a Gecko or Raptor only with a longer tube and no internal jet system

Doesn't PMF make something?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Mikey P said:
not a spinner but something like a Gecko or Raptor only with a longer tube and no internal jet system

Doesn't PMF make something?

Why do spinners suck?

I just bought one today.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Bundy said:
the spinner will be awful with an electromount

Why isn't 800 psi and 250 degrees enough.
(I normally run at 600 psi and not big deal to dial up up to 800.)

Could always get a secondary pump and go up to 1200 psi.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I doubt your 250 but that is good but to really hit the pourous stones you need 1200-1500. Unless your are strictly saying that your are cleaning the grout

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Are u meaning an "edging" tool? I use my long tube carpet edger with internal jet and wand lips.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
.. he has a spinner.. he wants something for just rinsing I'm guessing.. or doing slurry clean up if he is doing a quick polish.. or some maintenance cleaning.

cleann4kids

Why dont you go on the PMF web site and check!

I understand if they dont have it, that they can make it!

I bought the 4 jet internal gecko tool with the brush ring today. It has to be better than the sx-12. That thing is a poj.

I'll post back how I like it. I know the water recovery will be better.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
danielc said:
I bought the 4 jet internal gecko tool with the brush ring today. It has to be better than the sx-12. That thing is a poj.

I'll post back how I like it. I know the water recovery will be better.

I like mine.

I tried my new 4 jet internal spray tile tool for the gecko wand.

This is the brush version.

I have to say I am not really digging this tool.

It did ok only because I scrubbed the floor. Rinsing took twice as long.

It didn't recover the water as good as I thought it would.

We had to go back over the floor with the glided wand.

Is the version with the rubber skirt better?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
A really smart cleaner/distributor friend of mine help me put into words my frustration with the cleaning industries current supply of tools and gizmos.
He said, "they're asleep, and have been asleep for a long time". We started the conversation because I'm frustrated with the airflow blockage on the
Raptor large head tile tool. I paid several hundred dollars for it and I can count on 2 hands the times I've used it but set it down only to finish the job
with my Turbo. It leaves an enormous amount of water behind. I want it to work effectively because it's effortless to move around and swivels allowing
the edge to tuck under so many areas.

I called the manufacturer yesterday morning and asked if the head had been re-designed, thinking I've been missing out for a few years. Nope; and
they're totally aware of the water left behind. How silly of me to think the cleaning and restoration industry would keep pace with the modern world
and produce tools not designed by dip shits out back in the shop. I use to think the problem was that the person/s designing and building them weren't
actually using them extensively to perfect them before selling them. But I've widely found that not to be the case. The industry is in fact full of some
of the worst designing/building individuals I have ever seen.

I was already to pull the trigger and buy the 4-jet Prochem but after staring at the Raptor head over and over sitting at my welding table it hit me that
all this thing needs is the solution tube separated into 2 separate pieces, completely freeing up the airflow into the beginning of the S-bend wand.
Then each tube could be re-connected either out the top of the head or out the back (facing the operator).

My friend had told me he was pretty sure the Gekko head had been redesigned. Holy sh.. someone at this Hydro-Force company actually did something
right.

http://hydroforce.com/index.php?item_num=AR54H

I'm about halfway done with the mod to my Raptor and I'll do my best at posting the process. I'm not really good at explaining so I think I'll video the highlights to
YouTube and then post the link.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom