Looking for a van

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have been looking for a van. I have seen a lot of 2007-08 van with 100-150K miles in the $4-6K range. I drove passed a 1994 Ford van with well under 100K miles on it. I has been very well taken care of. It has windows all around and lots of seats. Anyone ever strip out the seats and carpet to convert to a cargo van? Is a 1994 too old even if it seems to be in great shape and has been well maintained?

John Watson

Is it a 3/4 or 1 ton? stretch?? I have seen a few window vans with units in them With the windows tinted or wraped and good lettering they look ok to me. A lot of them have a rear heater also.

The older van pre 97 can take a shaft drive unit. OL BAWB's Newlyditioned units would fit right in. I nstalled a shaft drive in a trk with 140,000 miles. ran it till the van had over 210,000, pulled it out and put it in another rig wit 110,000 on it which it now has 160,000 on it running smooth. Just change our oil every 1000-1500 miles..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
that's low miles..it has lots of life

which engine?
The straight six is a good one, the V-6 is under powered
no problem with the v-8

3/4 ton Ford will carry a TM with no problem .
If you carry water, a 1 ton would be preferred , or beef up the suspension

1/2 ton is too light for anything but a small TM

..L.T.A.

G

George V

Yeah,

i stripped out a semi-passanger van once and converted it. but that was long before the internet. even back then it was sort of korny. (unless you're going for the Stain-ly Stinker look).

nowadays, just keep searching till you find exactly what you want at a price you can afford.

Deals are out there, if you're not afraid to travel to them.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
another thing to consider, the newer vans do get better gas mileage. its not much, a couple miles per gallon but it adds up over the long run. I prefer no windows at all in a van, easier to letter and then no eyes looking at my tools when its parked.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
How much do you want to spend? And where are you seeing these 07-08 with 110k on them for only 4-6k? They are running through Auction for 8500-10k for 07 and 08 are 11-15k Please tell me so I can buy them up. An 08 g3500 ext express books for 20k still a g2500 books for 17k 07 are booking for 16 and 14k

I have an 05 express 3/4ton 2500) (not extended) with a slider door and 110 miles I want 8500 for so if I can get 07-08 for 4-6 K I will buy them all up.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Our local GMC dealer is offering a new 2010 2500 with a V-8 at a fleet rate of 19k, and a "retail" price of 21.5k. (This is from the sticker price of 29k.) 17k for an 08 would need to be extremely nice with some expensive options.

Of course, you sometimes get what you pay for, and since the seller probably knows something about the van that you don't the lower price isn't always the best buy.

I'd suggest checking trade-in pricing on kbb.com before you buy. At least you'll know what the dealer paid for the vehicle and you can decide how much profit is reasonable for cleaning up the vehicle and standing behind the sale.

Name
I'm Rick James
carpetcleaner said:
I have been looking for a van. I have seen a lot of 2007-08 van with 100-150K miles in the $4-6K range. I drove passed a 1994 Ford van with well under 100K miles on it. I has been very well taken care of. It has windows all around and lots of seats. Anyone ever strip out the seats and carpet to convert to a cargo van? Is a 1994 too old even if it seems to be in great shape and has been well maintained?

I bought a 99 van with the seats in it and black tinted windows all the way around. I personally like the windows all the way around for driving and just the look itself. I sold the seats and carpet on CL for $150. The inside is well insulated and works quite well. Work within your budget.

th_GetAttachment.jpg

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

I'm with John " And where are you seeing these 07-08 with 110k on them for only 4-6k? They are running through Auction for 8500-10k for 07 and 08 are 11-15k".

I buy used TM's mostly Butlers, and re-install them. I cannot be find good deals on vans in TN. If anybody knows of them, please let me in.

BTW, the last time that I posted something like this, I was offered a deal on a used Butler. Yes, plese do if you have them!

Sincerely,
Dale

P

Phoenix Phil

Arizona has a number of clean rust free vans, try Craigslist Phoenix. You can find exactly what you are looking for here.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Yep............

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i want a cab chassis, so i can move my box over.....

whats the 4500 (not izuzu style) MPG???

anyone know

T

The Magician

There are alot of good buys from churches that sell their window transport vans with low miles.
check around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom