Looking for advice regarding terrazzo shower for client

CaffClean

Name
The blunder from Down Under
Ignore my shadow but in the middle you can see seal has been worn down/away and there's a darker patch. Feels uneven and rough when I run my hand across it. They have used all sorts of high alkaline mould killers and bleach thinking it can be cleaned, not sure if they have used an acid. What process does it need to get it back to it's former glory?
1680029935142.png

Name
Bryan Thomson
Ignore my shadow but in the middle you can see seal has been worn down/away and there's a darker patch. Feels uneven and rough when I run my hand across it. They have used all sorts of high alkaline mould killers and bleach thinking it can be cleaned, not sure if they have used an acid. What process does it need to get it back to it's former glory?
View attachment 121722
I recommend you tell the customer to not use the shower and then put an air mover or dehumidifier in the shower for 24-48 hrs.
I think the dark areas are trapped moisture….dry it out and then access what needs to be done.
Most likely deep clean with agitation and then dry out and apply multiple applications of a quality penetrating sealer.

Mikey P

Administrator
Follow my mystery writer's advice and if they want it smooth, which isn't the best idea for a shower floor, after it's dry, clean it real well with a high alkaline peroxide base cleaner and then restore the polish with DIP pads, and make sure you protect the glass from getting scratched

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

SuperDave212

Name
David
since you say its uneven and rough, you would need to refinish it, I normally sand with a metal diamond, than us and acid cleaner and brush, than work my way up thru the diamonds, polish...and it brand new again...easy:)

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom