Looking for an old post on floor machines.

Scott Hayward

I thought I remember seeing a post on floor machines. Favorites and not so favorites were listed. I can't find it. I would like to eventually get a floor machine to add as a tool to the HWE work I do.

I am looking for something that can help with bad traffic lane areas when HWE and all the different pre-sprays and rinses don't work.

What is the difference between padding, bonneting, and OP-ing. Do you guys find that the OP method works better then padding? Anyone remember the old post I am talking about?

Thanks

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Pullman Holt, Clarke, Advance & Koblenz are all decent brands. Stay away from Powerflites.

GRHeacock

I agree with Jeremy- good machines, all of them.

I would add a Chemstractor machine to that list. My 1980 machine is still running strong.

They have started recently making Hild machines again, and that was a great machine, too.

However, a used machine, in good condition can still run forever, so that might fit your bill.

Gary

Scott Hayward

Thanks guys. Do you find they help out when you can't get the traffic lane nasty stuff out with a wand? Does the OP works better then just padding? This is all new to me. Trying to learn before I spend more money.

Scott H

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
A rotary is your best friend. An OP is slightly faster (depending on the model) and cleans a little better.

JohnnyV

If you get a really good 17" with a 1.5 hp motor, you can spin a 20" pad with a driver with a Riser depending on what your doing. NSS used to make really good stuff. Windsor makes a good machine also. I'd get the Rotary before the OP IMHO....I have both. I use both...different app's.

JohnnyV

If you get a really good 17" with a 1.5 hp motor, you can spin a 20" pad with a driver with a Riser depending on what your doing. NSS used to make really good stuff. Windsor makes a good machine also. I'd get the Rotary before the OP IMHO....I have both. I use both...different app's.

The Preacher

NSS, Clarke, Advance and Hild. unless something has changed, Pullman Holt was hard to get parts for when i sold jan/san equipment. go to home depot and see if they have a rental Clarke machine they're ready to sell, should be able to get a great machine for 40-50% off list

stay away from 2 speed machines for bonnet cleaning, it puts a strain on the rectifier and it's over a $100 repair for the part alone. Powr Flite was the one i saw the most problems with.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Jeremy said:
A rotary is your best friend. An OP is slightly faster (depending on the model) and cleans a little better.

Jeremy,

better i can see, but that's the 1st time i've seen someone say an OP is faster than a rotary, you sure? i guess the 20" Brute might be.?.

thanx --- Derek.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Derek, an op is faster at (cleaning) than a rotary, I can swing a rotary over the carpet with a bonnet or pad faster than an op, but it takes more time and two steps to reach a level of cleaning close to the op.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
ahh rgr that Jeff, makes sense.

thanx --- Derek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom