Looking for dual machine trailer to use on the road for commercial

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Does anyone know of a setup out there with dual machines (47 blower) in a trailer?

I am considering taking on commercial account that would require road work for multiple weeks at a time. A trailer seems to make the most scence so we can park it in place for multiple days and still have something to driver around town.

I would be curious to see a "real" one in action or thoughts on putting one together.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Are you asking if anyone ever puts a Dual wand machine in a trailer? If so. Yes. I have seen Everests in trailers. Lance Golden runs an SS 870 out of a trailer. And that is the biggest damn slide in I have ever seen. For the type of work you are talking about. That makes perefect sense.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
No actually dual machines. A step dowm from the 870, to tie together for big jobs. More importantly have a back up with being on the road with deadlines to meet each and every day.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I guess you could always run one out the side door and the other out the back. Or you could get an Everest 650hp. I hardly ever hear anybody with less the 4000 hours talking about repairs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

J

JS41035

I have worked away from home. That just didn't work out. I made money. But it just never was worth it. I'd say that instead of taking an account that keeps you on the road. Bid EVERYTHING in a 60 mile radius first. Being gone for days frequently is so rough on a family. Plus big accounts are almost never loyal. You spend so much effort setting up your business to tailor to them. Then the rug gets pulled out from under you when a lower priced competitor takes the work. Or a different cleaning contractor takes over. Man I learned that the hard way.
But if your determined. I would say buy a covered trailer and throw in an old prochem 405. Pull it with your van that has a Truckmount. You can drop a trailer and go in another direction. Or if the van breaks you can rent anything with a hitch to keep you rolling. I think you could set the trailer up with a decent machine for about 12000 grand. Then promptly get most of that back if you decided traveling is for the birds.

Last edited by a moderator:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
The van / trailer idea may work.

I am not standing in line to hit the road, but the opportunity may be presenting itself. We have used our AT in the past for the long hose runs. My main concern is if the AT goes down (which it only has ONCE in 7 years), what are we going to do. We will normally be at one location for 2 weeks with scheduled cleanings everyday that coincide with other activities going on in these buildings and must be done one time. If any vendor falls behind, it puts everything behind. I invisioned a large trailer (small car hauler type) with 2 sets of side doors for two machines. Tie them together with longer hose runs and separate wands when possible.

Ultimately the goal is to make so simple and fool proof for employees to handle..........:errf:

Reactions: JS41035

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
That's not too difficult to find in your area.

I've seen a ton of used older TNT's for sale around there for 2-4k, put 2 in a trailer, vertical poly fresh water tank, and a northstar diesel heater heating both.

I've thought about the same thing except in a box truck, till I bought the Vortex. (and I own 2 little giants, northstar heater, and 2 tnt's).

Reactions: JS41035

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom