Looking for instructions @ Cimex Belt replacement..

Mikey P

Administrator
My older unit is bogging big time.

Is it self explanatory once I get the bottom plate off or will it require a how to video, instruction sheet or a call to Florida?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i'm mechanically daft, my 1st time took me 15 minutes. very simple.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
It's pretty simple Mike. Remove the white plate. Place the belt over the center spindle. Work the belt around 2 of the pulleys. Then work it onto the 3rd pulley by carefully rotating the assembly. It's basically like putting a chain onto a bicycle (back/small sprocket first - then pedal it thru onto the front/large sprocket).

A word of caution: Keep your fingers out from under the belt as you rotate the belt onto the 3rd pulley. If you get the skin of your fingers pinched between the belt and the pulley, the belt is going to win. :madder:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Not to bad to replace the belt. But I had a small wheel break so dicided to upgrade to the big boy Wheel kit. I had to cut the
old axle out first. I would recommend you just buy it with the kit.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Not to bad to replace the belt. But I had a small wheel break so dicided to upgrade to the big boy Wheel kit. I had to cut the
old axle out first. I would recommend you just buy it with the kit.

The stock Cimex axle is steel with a zinc coating. Zinc plating is a corrosion inhibitor. However zinc is not a perfect solution, because over time the axle WILL corrode. That's why we've included a stainless steel axle in the Big Boy Wheel Kit. And it's why we also include a replacement Tee-Piece. Often the original tee-piece has become fused to the stock axle. In some cases the axle will need to be cut out to remove it from the machine. The new stainless steel axle and tee-piece brings everything back together again nicely. And with the tee-piece floating freely on the stainless axle, the handle adjustment rod is not prone to bind and break.

Mikey P

Administrator
20150209_144123.jpg
20150209_144001.jpg

Piece O cake..

Old belt was pretty stretched out...and narrower..

Mike Draper

he proabably had to take it to the local interlink supply. Those pics are of a technician installing.:yawn:

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
You need one of these:rockon:. I had to replace a bearing in one of the pulleys last week. Makes it much easier and safer.
EPSON001_zps4ec044ce.jpg

DSC_0327_zps8100ca83.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom