Looking to buy a new Aero Tech

Jon

Need some guidance on this......do large commercial jobs & my Blue Line Thermal Wave is getting old. Is the Aero Tech worth the money? First time posting and I'm sure this subject has been brought up before. Have a #5 blower in present truck, will the AT be that much better?

Any help is truley appreciated

Thanks!!!

Jon

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Um, in a word YES! If I had or even wanted to have the work that thing would and could produce I would buy one in a heartbeat. I have toured their factory and looked at them up close and they are built like tanks. If you're used to big then this will impress you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Will this be your only truck?
Will you be dual wanding at least half the time?
How mechanical are you? With no service centers can you or a mechanical friend do the required maintenance and repairs?
Will the mortgage payment on wheels sting?
Can you park a truck that size inside during the winter months?
Do you need all that space inside the box?
Have you considered two slide in units in a similar box?
How long are your hose runs?
Have you factored in the increased cost of everything, tires, brakes, fuel, ins, bits and pieces, oil changes etc..?

Not trying to scare you from buying the best built TM available, just hope you make the right decision.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
If you primarily do large commercial jobs then A/T is the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world.

(everybody bow's down)
tumblr_lvjz1jnPvx1qgyjneo1_500.jpg

it's a dual wand monster... If your not running two or three wands regularly then maybe a new A/T isn't right.

If you primarily do residential then a lessor machine is sufficient.

I love my 1999 A/T... I still run the piss out of it every single day (except saturdays and sundays).

Maintenance is not much more than on my thermalwave.

fuel, it gets about the same as my thermalwave in a ford van.

Chris A

Name
Chris
If a base AT was still ~$75k I would be all over it, at 100 or so not so much.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think any of the aerotechs are nice and impressive. I would not just take there selling price and pay it though, negotiate a good for you deal and go for it.

I will say, make sure you can pay for it before you buy it. Don't just buy it because it is the best, buy it because you need and WANT it!

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
An AT and two rotary extractors will bust out some serious commercial. I wish I could get more of it.

Great truck but even better support. I haven't needed much, but they are there when I need it.

Sent from my GT-P5113

Name
BradFenstermaker
I 2nd the customer service from Aerotech is great. I also have a old 99 AT built truck. It has cleaned alot of carpet over its life and still cleans great. Like said above you need a huge work load to justify the purchase.

Dual wanding is where that TM shine's and large sqft commercial.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If the recession hadn't hit me so hard, and I had not lost the entire school systems carpets where I live, I would still have the Vortex had owned at that time. (Vortex is basically the original Aerotec.) So yes, I think it could be a good investment for you if you dual wand a good percentage of the time. Howevever, if it will be your primary vehicle, and you do residential or single wanding a good bit, then it will be a burden to drive around all the time and a waste of money as it sucks down diesel while single wanding. As has been pointed out on countless occasions, you can get two 45 blowers in two different vans and have the same dual wanding capabilities with more flexability.

Jon

Thanks so much for your help......last couple questions.....would you use wands or RX-20 or something else.....for large commercial jobs

Thanks!!!!

Jon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom