Loss of heat on Prochem Apex

Mikey P

Administrator
A member here asked me this question..

Can you tell me how to get the heat back on my Prochem Apex as we used to run 240° – 260° and we lost a lot of that after 3000hrs on the TM.

I have de-scaled, change plugs and all usual but I don't know where to go from here. I'm running about 200° – 220° now.

Wintertime 180° – 210°

Can you help this shy individual out?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
  • On the Apex, there is a wet to wet heat exchanger that uses engine coolant. Check or replace the engine's thermostat. If it's stuck open the coolant temp could be low, hurting solution temp.
  • there are also dry to wet hx's that use blower and engine exhaust - you descaled the wet side, that's good, but check the dry side for fouling/carbon/oily buildup that can also slow heat transfer. Clean as necessary.
  • There is a thermal relief that bypasses water from the water box to the waste tank. If it's stuck open (even when the temp is low) then it will send pre-warmed water to the waste tank and replace it with cold incoming water.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would guess Dan's second answer.. Pull out the heat exchangers and clean them out. I'll pull mine out this weekend and see what they look like after 1,500 hours. I have 3,000 on mine also, but I clean mine once.

If you turn the diverter to cold, and your heat goes down without pulling the trigger or bypassing water.. Would that not be a good test for the water box valve(curious, first diverter valve)? On second thought I think the temp sensor is after the pump..?

J

JS41035

Burp the coolant heat exchanger for air. Check your bypass orifice. It might need replaced if it is trickling to much back to the water box. Also check the jets in your wand. As they wear,they flow more. Might make a difference.
And make sure your diverter is locked and your not loosing any hot exhaust to the muffler. Verify engine RPM ya da yada.

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom