Lost $1,350 on a typo

Moser Bros.

The proof reader screwed up by not checking for the correct phone number on my ad that went out to 100,000. I just caught it 5 days after the ad went out. I didn't notice the error because at a glance the number looked the same. My ad rep said they could give me partial credit, BUT I NEED ALL MY #$(% MONEY BACK. If the don't resolve this I'll tell everybody that this Big mail advertiser is a fraud.

Has anyone had to deal with a misprinted number before? and what did you do about it.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Who signed off on the proof? A representative of yours?

If it was your representative, your only recourse is to hope that your proofreader is bonded for such or if you have a really nice printer who is willing to take the brunt for a mistake not his. Then again, if the printer did not issue a proof for you to approve, then is he who assumes all the risk.

F

FB7777

does the proof reader work for you?

Every single ad I have ever run in 20 years has required a final proof signature from someone in my company

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would think its your prob and they are being generous by giving you any credit. Proof reading is always the clients job unless they have an agency, but never the media's issue.

Ken

windmarkbob

If the wrong number is a "live number", take your business card and a flyer to the location that has the phone number that was used and ask if they would please refer any of the wrong numbers to your correct number. Offer to clean free for them and apologise for the trouble it may have been for them. If it is a residential number, see if they would be willing, if able to, to forward their phone to you during normal hours. If it isn't a live number, get with the phone company to see if you can purchase that number.

Good luck,

Mr. Coffee

Moser Bros.

The number is disconnected, I tried to purchase it, but it will never be avalabile. The ad rep is trying to get me a free ad next time, but It won't go out until Febuary, but better late then never.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom