Lost a great one today.

Mikey P

Administrator
One of my very best "Clients" passed away today. less then a month ago he was living life to the fullest then Acute leukemia hit him like a punch in the face. Never saw it coming.
He was a member of my Letip group for the past 4 years so I got to know him real well.
I went sailing with him a few times, had breakfast every week with him, cleaned his two homes and his boat and his offices all the time. He was a huge pillar in our community and just about the nicest, humblest guy you could ever want to meet. Just about everyone in town used him as a ophthalmologist.
His specialty was the latest PRK and laser surgery. He helped develop many of the machines and techniques that are being used world wide. He was also a professor at Stanford University.

I'll miss my friend Steve a lot.

Seems like their dropping like flies these days all around me.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Sorry to hear that. My sister went to Stanford for Grad School... PHD in Linguistics. You guys were neighbors.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
sorry to hear about your loss! Tough losing someone you care about like that.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
scared the shit out of me for a moment .....I though you were going to say Bob

I hate that................I have a few I have lost that were great people.........

G

I met him a couple times when I was hanging out with Mikey, nice guy.

Sorry to hear this.

The Preacher

legit question Mike. folks pass every day without knowing Him. I ask that question every time i see where someone passes!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Sorry to hear that Mike, with your last post, he sounds like he was one of the GENUINE, NICE, REGULAR BLOKES.

Shorty.

PS ::: Not everyone likes to be lamblasted about religion all the bloody time, how would you like it if I told you about my encounters with young girls throughout the years, every time we met or I posted here :twisted:

Give it a rest and keep to the interest of the post.

Some people are never happy until they are fed a knuckle sandwich :shock:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm sorry Mike.

Its a privilege to have known someone who enriches your life like that. I'm certain he felt the same about you, and that's why he enjoyed your company as well.

My thoughts are with you today.

-JB-

Name
JB
Danny,

We will never know what's truly in someones elses heart.

Only in our own.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, Charles beat me to it. Seems kinda disingenuous to be concerned after the death. (Shallow) Like closing the barn door after the horse is out.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Sorry for your loss, Mikey.

Lost my best bud (since we were three years old) last week to a heart attack.

Its funny how we think some people are always going to be here with us, as though they are immortal, an essential element that the world couldn't exist without.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'm sorry, Mike.

It sounds like he led a fulfilling and rewarding life and touched many people, we can all only hope to accomplish as much.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Danny,

If there were a god, and he wasn't smart enough to pick out the good eggs from the bad eggs based on who they are, not what they are, then god's opinion wouldn't be worth worrying about.

Take care,
Lisa

hogjowl

Idiot™
"My sheep hear my voice ..."

PS Don't let the word sheep while being used in conjunction with a thread with danny in it cause you to jump to any perverted sexual trains of thought.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I'm sorry to hear about your loss Mike.

Concerning what Danny said:

I believe it was Soloman who said better is the day of a man's death than the day of a man's birth, because at least the living may take it to heart.

So, I understand where he's coming from, but at the same time, that is a question that you: A) Don't ask somebody you don't know that well, and B) Ask carefully, at the right time in a proper respectful tone of voice.

R

R W

Sorry to hear that, Mike. Maybe Steve helped develop the equipment that made my cataract surgury so simple.....15 minutes and out, no pain.

For that, I thank him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom