lottery

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Did you double check that it was NOT one of those fake tickets that you see on americas funniest videos??!!?? shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll buy some quick picks every once in a while (I can hear the "See See"s now)

Best marketing slogan of any "company"

"You can't win if you don't play"

Kills me. lol

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If you have 200million bucks and was able to buy all the combinations (i think its around 147million combination) and the jackpot is 300-350million bucks then its not a bad investment...

I know it won't work... but it sounds good somewhat amus

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I will buy a powerball ticket when the jackpot gets up there

Oregon is now doing a raffle 3 times per year, 1 million jackpot, I will buy a couple of $10 tickets, they sell like 250,000 tickets in 11 days

they upped the ante for the next raffle to 2 million

Congrats Greg

Name
Danny Strickland
Wyatt Earp said:
You suck! :p

Congrats! 8)

Whatcha gonna do wif it?

he's gonna take HArPer out to dinner with it!!! :shock: Iseeru blowme !gotcha! thathurts shiteatinggrin Ivebeensold 8) :lol: :x :arrow: :idea: :!: :mrgreen: :| :roll: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :oops: :p

Name
Lee Stockwell
You'll never LOSE if you don't play. I hate standing in line behind all the "losers" at convenience stores trying to make up their minds about their lucky numbers...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you never play, you've already lost.

I mean really...where are you going to blow that 5 bucks anyway?

How many people REALLY put that money they don't spend on the lotto into an investment or some sort?

It goes to a greasy cheseburger that's a sure bet to clog the arteries. lol

Ryan

Lee Stockwell said:
You'll never LOSE if you don't play. I hate standing in line behind all the "losers" at convenience stores trying to make up their minds about their lucky numbers...

Pay at the pump, and buy your drinks at the grocery store for 25% of what a gas station charges.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ryan said:
Pay at the pump, and buy your drinks at the grocery store for 25% of what a gas station charges.
Lee Stockwell said:

Exactly!! Two litre at Dollar General of their Mt Dew clone (just as good!) for 80 cents and a bag of chocolate chip cookies (don't tell Theresa)

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thats my thing too! I can't believe all the people that buy their gatorades and sodas or waters at convenience stores and gas stations!!

Example: 32 oz gatorade G2 will cost $2.00-2.50 at the gas station. At Staterbros or Vons or Albertsons it will be 79cents to a dollar at the most.

Everything is overpriced at these places, and most people that buy their stuff there are already looking run down and driving a beater car and covered in tatoos and of course smoking.

One thing I learned a while back: Convenience stores will buy other stores expiring drinks and its more than likely you will see expired sodas and gatorades in the refrigerator. I caught them a couple of times with that and they weren't even surprised when I said something. Other locations actually rub off expiration dates on drinks.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Ryan/Zee, I agree about the prices...but that's why they call them "convenience stores"...don't really have time to run to Walmart for a .80 poweraid between jobs.

Since were talking about the lottery AND stupid people...here's a true/funny story.

The first carpet cleaning co. i worked had a tech who had his head way up the bosses ass (stage 5 brown-noser). He twisted off a Dr. Pepper cap and won $1,000 at the shop one morning. The boss (on the spot) offers him $300 cash for it....of course, he makes the deal. 10 minutes later, we're outside having coffee chat before starting the day...the same tech finds a dime on the ground, the boss (standing behind him) says, "i'll give you a nickel for it"....true story....laughed our asses off!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
royalkid said:
Ryan/Zee, I agree about the prices...but that's why they call them "convenience stores"...don't really have time to run to Walmart for a .80 poweraid between jobs.

Since were talking about the lottery AND stupid people...here's a true/funny story.

The first carpet cleaning co. i worked had a tech who had his head way up the bosses ass (stage 5 brown-noser). He twisted off a Dr. Pepper cap and won $1,000 at the shop one morning. The boss (on the spot) offers him $300 cash for it....of course, he makes the deal. 10 minutes later, we're outside having coffee chat before starting the day...the same tech finds a dime on the ground, the boss (standing behind him) says, "i'll give you a nickel for it"....true story....laughed our asses off!!

Peter, there is nothing convenient about paying 2.50 for an 80cent drink! To me convenient is when I buy 15-20 bottles of drink at the store and just take it to work with me from home! You are going to the store all the time why not just think ahead and buy it for a lot cheaper and then its right there when you need them in your own kitchen.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Peter, another thing: if you work 300 days a year and do your poweraid run once a day, you will spend 750bucks on it instead of 240bucks. That's also a good reason to not go to convenient stores.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lee Stockwell said:
The lotteries have sucked billions from the economy with little good to show for it.

Bad money management has nothing to do with it.
We pay more in taxes and the same is true. lol

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
If you have 200million bucks and was able to buy all the combinations (i think its around 147million combination) and the jackpot is 300-350million bucks then its not a bad investment...

I know it won't work... but it sounds good somewhat amus
You may want to look in to this more before spending all your 200mil to win 300 mil.

If you won 300mil and took the lump some you would lose almost 1/3 upfront.
The Gov steps in and takes at least 28% of that 2/3 you have left.
The state steps in and takes there part plus any back taxes they say you owe.

Then the real kicker at the end of the year you have to pay INCOME TAX on the money you have left after they tax you the first time.

As a rule they say you only end up with 1/3 to 1/2 of the lottery winning when the tax man is done with you.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I fill my 20 oz diet pepsi out of a 2 liter bottle in the morning. Every little bit helps. I won a charity raffle a few weeks ago $1,500 in scratch tickets and won a whopping $890.00 scratching all those tickets sucked

Name
Danny Strickland
if you win a lotto (millions) and don't start a foundation before cashing in that ticket, yore not very smart!!!

PS Lee, what is the Jwit's official position on it's members playing the lotto??? would the church accept 10% tithes from a members winning???

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
royalkid said:

Peter, there is nothing convenient about paying 2.50 for an 80cent drink! To me convenient is when I buy 15-20 bottles of drink at the store and just take it to work with me from home! You are going to the store all the time why not just think ahead and buy it for a lot cheaper and then its right there when you need them in your own kitchen.

Zee, you're missing my point....you're not always gonna have that drink you want, when you want it (especially cold). Unless, you fill a cooler up every morning and carry cold drinks in your van everyday. And i'm not sure which stores you're going to, but i don't stop at the getto mom-n-pop stores, so i usually don't find expired drinks/food. If you re-read my original post, i agree with you about the prices (way too high)...but when you're in a pinch for time and thirsty, you'll pay the $2.00. Most of the times i find that there's usually a deal on poweraid/gatoraids...2 for 2.22 or 2 for $3.00, i almost never just buy one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom