Low ball advertised prices

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I had a customer show me a flyer from one of the bait and switch companies (5 Rooms and a Hall Carpet Cleaning $49.95) and tell me I need to give him a better price. I pointed out the fine print “Pre scrub $.20 per Sq Ft” I tried to explain that it would be something different when they showed up. I run into a guy from this company at a fast food joint, he showed me a check for $300.00 from a job at the senior living apts. They had him using his own car and a portable. What should we as an industry be doing about this? I know of no other service industry where this kind of fraud is the norm, besides mortgage brokers LOL.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Re: 5 Rooms and a Hall Carpet Cleaning $49.95

who cares run your business and make sure people aren't afraid to use you by giving testimonials, asking for referals etc

Mike Draper

What should we as an industry be doing about this? I know of no other service industry where this kind of fraud is the norm, besides mortgage brokers LOL.

You forgot insurance peole....I.E. Cash Value Insurance, V.U.L, Whole Life insurance,etc....
Biggest scam since the "there is no oil in america, so we shouldn't drill theory".

hogjowl

Idiot™

If you spend your time worrying about the scum, you'll soon learn not to ever look up, and it's the upper levels of this industry that your sights should be focused on.

OK ... ok ... so that was a tad bit Forsynthian. Let me put it in real English.

Stop worrying about the low ballers and focus on running a straigt, honest and value oriented business. The clients that can't recognise the value in that are not the clients you want.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

so what your saying Marty is Crowley is right again as always

hogjowl

Idiot™

Sorry for not giving you credit, but I have developed a nasty habit of skipping over your DAPs over time.

I'll try to get better. :p

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I need to start posting more I have laxed lately. I will hopefully give you more to skip in the future

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

As i see it...buy Brummet a kodak an' a roll a film....

hogjowl

Idiot™

I had to dumb it down for you people. Give me a break!

Nobody ever understands a word Shawn says, they just know he's jacking off while posting it. I had quite a delima in trying to post like him and still be somewhat human.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I agree, those dicks will be weaded out. Stay on the right track and the whole industry will get better.
Hell, it HAS gotten better from 10 years ago.

gary mackay

PROFESSIONAL CARPET/TILE CLEANING. 5 rms $39.95 (: big steamer (SAN DIEGO.NATIONAL CITY.IMPERIAL.BONITA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: serv-820842431@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-08-31, 8:18AM PDT

Professional truck mounted unit equipment. Visible steam from start-finish to ensure sanitizing, if you dont see real steam, your carpet/tiles are not being deep cleaned, this proven fact period. Fast drying system, power suction to pull all dirts out. please call me with your best estimate and i will lower it by 20-70%. Lets keep my crew and me busy working for you, in return i will make sure you will receive best service @ low down to earth honest price. when you call, i will personally answer the phone, ask all questions or concerns you have about carpet/tile/sofa cleaning. i am on your side. call today.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 820842431

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

I gave up years ago trying to convince people I offered a better service than the low ballers.
They ONLY look at price and thats it. Telling them you have a big TM bla bla bla means nothing to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom