lowboy orbital

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
i was thinking of getting the lowboy orbital which is basically the vario minus the "wheels down" how hard or easy do they handle on carpet without the wheels down kit. Been using 175's for years on both carpet and floors and can do it no problem with on hand on carpet or floors in my sleep. how much different or hard is it to use and orbital on carpet with a bonnet on it.
because ya know "every things better with blue bonnet on it" oh shoot showing my age,who remembers that old TV commercial.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Because the orbital pad is not directly connected to the motor you can't swing (steer) it like a 175. If it isn't a wheels down machine then there's no real way to steer it at all except trying to herd it in the direction you want it to go.

If you're on a concrete floor that isn't exactly level (are any really?) Then hang on, you're going for a ride.

I have a wheels-up orbital (Conqueror ) and it can be a handful depending on the floor surface. Wouldn't recommend such a machine as a new purchase. At the very least get a wheels-down machine you can steer...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom