LPG-Powered TMs from Sapphire Scientific

Name
Hank Unck
In response to requests for propane powered units for propane fueled trucks, and certain cleaning application requirements, Sapphire Scientific is pleased to announce that it is now offering a Propane Powered option for its popular 370 and 870 truckmounts. Contact your Sapphire Scientific distributor for details and to place orders.

To find your nearest distributor go to http://www.sapphirescientific.com/SSX_DistributorListings_NorthAmerica.aspx.

UK and Australian distributors can also be found by clicking the respective links on the same web page.

View attachment 1933View attachment 1934

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
More than likely because as a general rule propane has less btu per gallon but I am sure the right person will be by to let us know.

Name
Hank Unck
More than likely because as a general rule propane has less btu per gallon but I am sure the right person will be by to let us know.

"While it's true that LPG has fewer BTU's, causing the engine to run slightly cooler, it still generates more than enough heat to the heat exchangers to generate and maintain hot cleaning solution temperatures. Sapphire tested heat generation of both versions to be sure that there was no noticeable difference in the temperature of the solution as it exits the TM."

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
We will offer propane versions of these units in the future. It takes about 6 months to test and certify a unit with a new engine even if its just a fuel change. In general throughout Legend brands we have 6 major new products in development at any one point in time. Most of these types of projects run concurrently because they may be interrelated or involve engineering or chemistry support from each of the companies. Model extensions which is how we look at fuel or voltage changes average 10 at any point in time are we knock those off the list in order. Probably too much info but I don't want folks to think we are 6 months away from having both these units done, more like a year.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I would seriously consider one of these propane machines. Since im use to propane. I wondee if they will make one with a little giant heater and no hx? Very nice and my disty chris pond loves these machines. And since hes the best mechanic and guy I know, I trust his opinion.

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
While we are very aware of the fondness many people on this board in particular have for burner systems.
However we really don't like the fires associated with open flame units. Beyond that our HX units don't suffer with a lack of heat so we often times are compared with burner units and win the customer choice competition.
So the short answer is no plans at all

Reactions: joeynbgky

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If they compare with the same heat then I guess an hx isa win win. Very interested. Only because im walking around this week with no eyebrows. Texting while lighting a lg is not a smart thing.

Samsung galaxy S IV beta tester

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
When engineering/designing any piece of equipment we face several challenges trust me. A Truckmount is a very complex product regardless of what people might say or think. Balancing horsepower with components is just one thing, it's really complex when done right. The biggest challenge that we faced at Sapphire once Mike Roden designed our break through patent pending heat exchange system wasn't making hot water is was controlling hot water without dumping it!!!
Sapphire owners never complain about a lack of heat.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The one thing that could cause me to buy one of these over-engineered systems is the fact that there is no propane heater to further cook my brain.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
The one thing that could cause me to buy one of these over-engineered systems is the fact that there is no propane heater to further cook my brain.

I think you meant to say;
1. Truly-Engineered
2. Expertly-Engineered
3. Simply- Engineered
4. Innovatively-Engineered
5. Professionally-Engineered

Or something like that didn't you? Versus the "mechanic assembled" versions offered by the propane crowd :-)

Reactions: hogjowl

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Im waiting for the new ford cargo van to come out before I do anything. And I will put the 370 in it. Ive decided, see bill i like ur machines a lot! And ive never said that about any machine except tcs. Which are awesome as well.

Samsung galaxy S 4

sandstormli

Name
Roman
Waiting on that new ford myself or if the new sprinters do get the mileage they get in Europe might go with that but then again if the new ford gets 20+ mpg loaded that might be the winner... wither way cant wait.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom