M5 #5

Djrosselli

I just recieved Greenie/Mytee's m5 from Judson this week and already put it to good use yesterday. This porty is a little work horse. It was used at an assisted living facility where dry times are an issue. Rooms carpeted with a very low cut pile carpet were dry with in an hour or two, tops. Of course the time of year and how warm they keep those places creates the ideal drying environment. Having said that it moves allot of water and recovers most while using a Ti wand with about 30 feet of 2" vac hose. I'll be using it again Monday and will try longer hose runs.

Thanks again Greenie, Mytee & Judson. I feel like I bought a peice of art.

Name
Eric Valentine
Hey Darren, I see that you have had the M5 for a bit over a month. I tested one during the porty shootout at MikeyFest, and was impressed with it. Please update everyone as to how you are doing with the M5, and how it is performing.

Djrosselli

We have used only a few portable extractors through the years and the majority were pre-truck mount but the M5 is really the only HP porty I have ever used so in all fairness I wouldn't say I'm the authority on the subject. Having said that in my opinion the M5 packs quite a punch.

I heard some have had good performance with 100 feet or better of vac hose but we have only used up to 50 feet of vac and solution hose which is more than enough in my opinion. One previous poster said it best with regard to the M5 when he said, "Why would you need such long hose runs, isn't that what the wheels are for?!". In any event at 50 foot lengths the M5 out performs any porty I've ever used. Naturally it's not a t-mount but in a pinch or for those hard to reach areas it is a great alternative.

Transporting the M5 is easy. It fits into our van no problem and we use the Butler System which as most know takes up allot of space. It can be slide in on it's handle by one guy.

Finding available circuits is a breeze with the circuit indicator light.

The only feature I haven't had great success with is the auto dump. It's outfitted with a perforated screen before the pump that clogs up very easily with debris and has to be cleaned manually by hand before the pump will pump out anymore. Apart from that I have had no complaints.

Djrosselli said:
We have used only a few portable extractors through the years and the majority were pre-truck mount but the M5 is really the only HP porty I have ever used so in all fairness I wouldn't say I'm the authority on the subject. Having said that in my opinion the M5 packs quite a punch.

I heard some have had good performance with 100 feet or better of vac hose but we have only used up to 50 feet of vac and solution hose which is more than enough in my opinion. One previous poster said it best with regard to the M5 when he said, "Why would you need such long hose runs, isn't that what the wheels are for?!". In any event at 50 foot lengths the M5 out performs any porty I've ever used. Naturally it's not a t-mount but in a pinch or for those hard to reach areas it is a great alternative.

Transporting the M5 is easy. It fits into our van no problem and we use the Butler System which as most know takes up allot of space. It can be slide in on it's handle by one guy.

Finding available circuits is a breeze with the circuit indicator light.

The only feature I haven't had great success with is the auto dump. It's outfitted with a perforated screen before the pump that clogs up very easily with debris and has to be cleaned manually by hand before the pump will pump out anymore. Apart from that I have had no complaints.

We bought the 1200c and the auto dump is a nightmare with that pathetic "Filter"...metal scren which gets clogged wayyyy to easy..I may have to go to an inline..PIA....something else to haul up the elevator..

Mr.V

Greenie sent me a sock type filter (it's for a TM I believe),,,,,,,,it has helped ALOT with the screen and spongy type filters getting plugged :mrgreen:

and it's alot easier to clean

Mr.V said:
Greenie sent me a sock type filter (it's for a TM I believe),,,,,,,,it has helped ALOT with the screen and spongy type filters getting plugged :mrgreen:

and it's alot easier to clean

Where does it go ? in the waste tank I take it?....I need one of those maybe Ill rig up some panty hose or somethin..

Mr.V

right on the inside of the tank where the vac inlet comes in

and it's mostly unseen hair that plugs em up btw

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom