M5 results after almost 6 months

Mr.V

what can I say,,,,after 6 months of use this thing still amazes me as to how well it performs as a porty

100 ft. hose runs are NO PROBLEM for this machine,,,,,,,and for those that know me (Andy Vinczencz of Andy's SteaMachine) I ran TM's my first time around and this thing keeps up to the 45 blowers and smaller

understand that I KNOW that it certainly doesn't have the water lift of a TM

but I can do a 1bdrm apartment (I'm currently an apartment manager) that is super nasty and use 30 gallons of water at #8 flow on a 2' tubed greenhorn "lite" wand and have 3 hr. dry times in the great white north (central British Columbia).

and to some of you that may be no big deal but..............that's WAY better than 95% of my competitors with tm's

all I can say is I have had 0 problems and the silly thing keeps getting me work I couldn't even bid before and my old custy's don't seem to care that I'm runnin a porty,,,and those that are skeptical don't care once they see the results.

I'm now a big fan of electric rug suckin

G

What do you use for heat? How much more time are you spending on your jobs now, verses when you used to run a TM?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I call BULL$*IT! :lol:

Seriously, I do hope that you are telling the truth, that would be a great piece of equipment to have.

I have had similar results with the 1003 dx. Dry times are 2-4 hours. But haven't ran 100 ft of hose yet. Other than heater on mine , I assume it's about the same unit as the M5? Or is the M5 more power than mine?

Mr.V

I know nothing about the other models of Mytee

I use a 2000w inline heater most of the time or I have a kero heater when I'm close to the van

takes about an extra 20 min-1/2 hour on jobs with set up tear down
(riggin up auto fill/dump)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Mr.V said:
I know nothing about the other models of Mytee

I use a 2000w inline heater most of the time or I have a kero heater when I'm close to the van

takes about an extra 20 min-1/2 hour on jobs with set up tear down
(riggin up auto fill/dump)

Freakin' POG :D

Next time your down here, I'll have to give you the Willy version of rapid set up and tear down.

Greenie

The Speester 1005 or 1003 is a good plan B to an M5, about $400 less if memory serves, but i still favor the M5.

Greenie,
If you don't mind can you explain the difference, they both have the same vacs and suction? (I'm just curious)
Thanks

Name
John LaBarbera
1003 has 137" H2O, 200 CFM. Heaters use up some of the available amps. The M5 and 1005 148" H2O and 230 CFM. M's come with 2" Cool Cuffs. Starting June 1 the Speedsters will have 2" Cool Cuffs. The new Industrial Turbo Charged Booster is now finished. HP 2 stage is $599.00 (100 CFM, 107" H2O), HP 3 stage is $699.00 (115 CFM/148" H2O)from a local Distributor.

DevilDog

Just another example of a guy knowing how to clean...instead of just relying on his equipment to do the cleaning.

I did a LOT of fantastic carpet cleaning with the old time, truly SHIT portables of 12 to 13 years ago. Just took me longer. With auto fill and auto pump out that solves some of the time issues.

And another good point was made....with a portable you can get to a LOT of really good quality jobs that you simply cannot get to with a TM.

With the performance of some of these portables it is getting a little harder each year to justify spending the ridiculous amounts of money on some of these TM's.

DevilDog

LOL! Not at all...but I have been there and done that and I know there is not much difference in end results except for some saved time.

And the price difference is substantial.

randy

Name
Randy
DevilDog said:
LOL! Not at all...but I have been there and done that and I know there is not much difference in end results except for some saved time.

And the price difference is substantial.

Don't rub it in bud ! These guys that paid $80,000-$109,000 for a truck mount that probably won't even be manufactured much longer can't handle hearing that.

randy

Name
Randy
Mikey P said:
Speaking of rubbing it in, are you still an OP only guy Randy?

I have no clue where that rumor got started. I think when Mike Brummett was talking out his ass about me selling my truck mounts five years ago on the blue board. Contrary to what some believe ,I have never SOLD OP units or even owned an op unit, or myself done pad cleaning. I have a few guys that own their own op unit and have seen what op can do & not do. I prefer Whittaker style units as in the commercial market it was to be fast and trouble free to be profitable.
We encap more than HWE and at times have not utilized HWE for months, but I would never want to be without HWE for some situations. I mainly use the Whittaker type units, own a Orbatec CRB (too dam heavy but a quality, trouble free unit) and I really like the brush n clean / Natural clean units (same as Whittaker but with dirt receptacles ). Most jobs you will not need a vacuum as with the dirt receptacles, the unit acts like a pile lifter and catches almost everything. Great for getting dog hair out of carpet and scrubbing in a prespray prior to HWE.

Additionally with the all natural enzyme prespray from Onyx and a quality encap product you would be surprised at what can be accomplished without HWE. That being said bodily fluids regardless of their anatomical origin should be removed with HWE and sanitized with a quality disinfectant. Encapping or oping has it's place & it's limitations, JUST LIKE YOUR VORTEX, LOL. I would just recommend anyone that wants a $109,000 Blueline Vortex get their order in soon. It's a dinosaur that will soon go the way of the yellow pages & Steamway in our industry.

DevilDog

Listen, there are many ways to skin a cat...and many ways to clean carpet or at least make carpet look better.

There is a company in my area that is really busy, they charge about what most guys in my area (higher end cleaners) are charging, and they remove almost no soil...but they make the carpet look good. Now is that the right way to "clean?" I do not think so....but guys would disagree. This company is busier and making a LOT more money than many of the hack TM cleaners I know of. And they are NOT just based on volume. They run three vans and are looking to add another. All the vans are pretty busy.

I have used portables and I have used truckmounts (one a very good truckmount in the Genesis 59) and I can honestly say that there is not much difference in cleaning results from a portable to a high powered truckmount. The production times can be a lot better with a truckmount....but the actual cleaning is about the same.

I have cleaned carpets with guys with truckmounts and the cleaning was HORRIBLE...embarrassing to be honest. And I have cleaned carpets with guys with portables and the results were fantastic.

By the way, I believe the White House has almost all of their carpets cleaned with portables. If it is good enough for the f'n White House then it should be good enough for most people.

Also, some of the highest end condos, lawyers offices, doctor offices, and other businesses are cleaned with portables.

Yes, I would also be sad if I spent about $70,000 on a set up that really didn't do much better than a $10,000 set up.

I know of a couple of Vortex companies in my area with TERRIBLE reputations when it comes to cleaning (not Fraiser).

And one other point...if you LEARN to clean according to the cleaning pie then the only HUGE difference between a high end portable and a good truckmount is heat. And heat is by FAR the easiest thing to over come. And of course some guys have figured out how to get some pretty serious heat with portables.

In my 16 years in this business I have seen a lot of changes and some of them very good changes. Changes like:

1. Greenglides
2. More focus on getting the phone to ring
3. Safer cleaning agents (although brain dead idiots like Larry C. will still insist on using stuff bad for him and his clients)
4. Better stain removal products, hell Red Relief and other products like it were nowhere to be found when I started.
5. Better training available...but what good does it do when guys do NOT follow basic quality cleaning techniques?

The absolute worse thing I have seen develop over the years is the BELIEF that you need a huge truckmount to do good cleaning or be successful. It is simply NOT TRUE!! I know of a guy that just bought a new setup and the truckmount is supposed to be able to triple wand! ROTFLMAO!

This guy will RARELY even dual wand and about the longest hose run he will need is about 175 feet. So what the hell is the purpose of buying a machine like that? Most likely to make up for a small tool somewhere else.

Guys going into homes that cannot even do BASIC stain removal. It is embarrassing. A friend and I cleaned a VERY expensive home yesterday. They had a huge problem in the master bedroom with ink stains. Tough stains I do admit. While I was gone they had another company come in that really should have just pissed on the carpet...because the results would have been the same.

We got the ink stains out about 98% and the lady was ecstatic. Getting those stains out (and a few urine stains out) had NOTHING to do with whether we used a truckmount or portable. Hell, a suitcase spotter would have worked just as good!

We need to get back to realizing that the PERSON DOING THE CLEANING is the most important thing by a long shot.

Having said all of this I would prefer a truckmount over a portable because I want to get the job done faster. After all, I surely do not want to spend any more time doing something that I do not like. But guys that treat portable users like second class citizens just don't get it.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
How much does the M5 weigh? Mytee's web site is kinda hit-and-miss with product specs. Some machines they have the weight listed, some they don't, some list other stats, some they don't.. Makes it hard for a newb to compare stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
So Randy, you don't know about your quotes in Guerkink's CCS catalog?

If I remember correctly you said you were getting rid of your truck mounts and going OPog

Greenie

randy

Name
Randy
Mikey P said:
So Randy, you don't know about your quotes in Guerkink's CCS catalog?

If I remember correctly you said you were getting rid of your truck mounts and going OPog

I never saw that "quote", but it's not true. I went encap mainly but still HWE just not as much, and without truckmounts.

Many assume VLM involves op, but in fact more VLM is done with Whittikers style units than op. Whittiker consistently outsells them all ( especially to large in house corporate maintenance depts) , and it will clean as well as a CIMEX with the correct brushes (yellow). The Cimex has to be the most over rated & overpriced piece of equipment in this industry, with the possible exception of the Vortex. I would have to think about it though because the Cimex is pretty over rated and worth about $1500 max. Certain Cimex dealers keep the price elevated by calling Cimex and whining about other sellers discounting the product. That is of course a clear violation of anti-trust laws & very illegal. Another things I love about the Whittiker unit over the Cimex is weight of the unit, dependability of the equipment, it doesn't leave the Cimex swirl marks on some fibers, absence of a chemical wasting feed system, and training required. Plus you can use female technicians ! They tend to make better techs.

I'm certainly not a VLM only guy, although I did see the new star trek on Friday. Great movie.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Greenie said:
FloorPizza said:
How much does the M5 weigh? Mytee's web site is kinda hit-and-miss with product specs. Some machines they have the weight listed, some they don't, some list other stats, some they don't.. Makes it hard for a newb to compare stuff.

From this post I'd say 135lbs:

http://www.mikeysboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26023&p=283336#p283336

If you are in Utah, maybe you cn get into Superior in Orem and look at one?

Or maybe SteamAction if they stock them?

Thanks.

I rented a 1001DX and a RotoVac from Superior last week. I wasn't that impressed with the 1001DX. They had an M5 in stock, but I didn't really bother to check it out much as they wouldn't rent it out.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
I've looked at that web page a hundred times, specifically looking for the weight. I guess I need to switch to butyl free products... Thanks guys. :) Greenie, would you mind PM'ing me a price on your modified M5? I'm still undecided on what machine to go with. I'm going to just be doing a few jobs myself, and am unsure if I can handle loading/unloading the M5 solo. The 1001DX I rented last week was no problem, but the M5 looks quite a bit heavier.

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Pizza Man,

If the M5 is too heavy, the 1005 is the same machine without a pump-out and 12 gal tanks at 125 lbs.

Ernie G

Brandt, anything over 100#, get a ramp. I have an M-5, and we use a ramp, we also have a lighter porty and a cimex, so a ramp saves your back.

Name
Nate W.
Ernie G said:
Brandt, anything over 100#, get a ramp. I have an M-5, and we use a ramp, we also have a lighter porty and a cimex, so a ramp saves your back.

And adds years to your health. :lol:

Even though I don't have a ramp. :cry:

DannyD

Mr.V said:
and my old custy's don't seem to care that I'm runnin a porty,,,and those that are skeptical don't care once they see the results.

I'm now a big fan of electric rug suckin

I'm inclined to agree w/ people not minding a porty. I use one, an ancient one at that, & get comments along the lines of "wow, this is a nice machine." The end result is the most important thing to people. I also use a power wand & post pad.

Now in fairness I still think a TM is a much more efficient way to go. I only run 28 feet of hose so I'm moving that puppy all the time. It takes me probably 3 times as long as a TM would take. Still, the end results are what counts most to the custy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom