M8F?

Mikey P

Administrator
How many of you would go to Nate's @ Honolulu to talk shop for five minutes for the write off then hit the beach for a week?

Nate's family were gracious hosts to my wife and I yesterday and we discussed the issue at hand.

Personally, I'm bored stiff running a mini connections. :!:

btw, for those who have not been to Oahu, it's IMO the most beautiful of the island chain.
Tons of beaches, loads to do, great food, Vegas on the sand in Waikiki or chickens and shacks on the North Shore.
Something for everyone fo' sure brah!

Thanks Nate, great to see you again!!!!

S

sam miller

Been to Maui and Kauai both awesome landed in Oahu but who's to say ya cant Island jump once there!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The cost held many back from MF7 this year. The added cost may stop most from coming. However the write offs make it something to think about,

Mike Draper

I was thinking about moving there and starting a carpet cleaning business called " better than nates carpet cleaning" :mrgreen: In all actuality, If I were to spend the money to go to Hawaii, I probably wouldn't want to do anything involving carpet cleaning, classes or anything else except beaches and tourist stuff. I would also bring my whole family as well and they wouldnt want to do carpet cleaning related activities.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Pics always help.

oahu.jpg

Oahu.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mike Draper said:
I was thinking about moving there and starting a carpet cleaning business called " better than nates carpet cleaning" :mrgreen: In all actuality, If I were to spend the money to go to Hawaii, I probably wouldn't want to do anything involving carpet cleaning, classes or anything else except beaches and tourist stuff. I would also bring my whole family as well and they wouldnt want to do carpet cleaning related activities.

hey there money bags...wanna pitch in for my kids to shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

I think we could wrap our hands around that one....

have a few dinners with the fellas...

as my wife says, when i bring up "write offs"

you gotta have the damn money before you can write it off :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes. Let's get back to the roots of what Mikeyfest is. Carpet cleaners hanging out. I'm in. We have enough American express points. If it ends up being 12 guys then that's ok with me. I'm sure we can get block room deals somewhere. The island has been hurting for money. Lora will be stocked to be able to attend a Mikeyfest :)

Mikey P

Administrator
I didn't see Oahu hurting too much, according to the papers, tourism is up even with the loss of Japanese for the moment.

I'm sure the other islands are far worse.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
It's been quite a few years since we were there, but I remember snorkeling in Hanauma Bay, hiking in some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen, and watching crazy surfers on the North Shore. Waikiki was a little touristy though. Highly recommended.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have a good friend who does group travel and lives in Hawaii. He has traveled our high school band many times. They are also going back in 2 years to Hawaii. We would be interested in going early again. Also, my travel guy could be a big help setting up the travel, hotel and other items if needed. He is a local from Hawaii.

Mark Saiger

Bob Foster

Not a bad idea...

How about no exhibits but some real good classes. Two day event with a total of 4 classes and an open mike discussion. Two 3 hour classes a day that repeat each day so that you don't have a miss a class for another one. Or two classes that run 1/2 day each on two days.

Themes?

If you don't want hands on because of the equipment logistics how about a non equipment focus for the event. Business and marketing.

Just an idea...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm in. Its only a 5 hour flight from here. Basically I can get there quicker then going back east.

Bjorn

q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-fRUzxVs4q]

q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb1hLt9s2K0q]

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I will be there next Feb. so that would be great. I will be in Maui but for the write off I would be willing to hop over. Really want to see the Arizona.
Al

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mike - Let me know if you need a spot for exhibits and classroom space. I may be able to help out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom