Magic Bullet & Snake oil

marco8us

Supportive Member
Been seein these products brought up but have never used them. So Tell me how you guys are using it and what you think of it. Getting curious, thank you.

Marco

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Snake Oil is a a great Encapsulating Shampoo. It's good for most commercial carpet cleaning & is acceptable for stain resist carpet applications although, the pH is too high for natural fibers such ass cotton or silk. It's a good deodorizer, cuts grease & cleans really well. I can be shower fed or sprayed with out choking you or your customers.

I've been cleaning restaurants with it with good results for well over 6 months. It's also been a great at assisted living centers. It deos a great job of getting rid of the greasy smell at the restaurants & the "old people" smell at the assisted living centers.

Magic Bullet is a booster for snake oil, an encapsulating spottet effective on filtration soil, ink, make up & it can work on rust (personally I prefer Rust Assassin for rust, it's faster & no blotting).

Both products are definitely worth a try. Les welcomes side by side testing with your current favorite. Test it for yourself.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
How does the snake oil compare to hot knive Jeremy?. I thought they were about the same but you encap much more then me.

Albert

Lefty724

Name
E
I have had Snake Oil and Magic Bullet laying around for about a month. Decided to use the SO last weekend and was amazed, I used it again yesterday on a 8k sq ft. job and was amazed again...........Also used the Magic Bullet for stubborn stains and gum removal which it wiped them right out.

The only other encap products I have tried were Brush & Bonnet and some Environ encap green (?), and the Snake Oil blows them away IMO. I will continue to use Snake Oil and Magic Bullet!!

Greenie

above it's sheer raw cleaning ability, and crystalizing that can not be beat, Snake Oil's main advantage is it's concentration, it's anywhere from 2X as concentrated to 8X as concentrated as competitive products, so the "shipping" is the ticket for many users as well.

A gallon of Snake Oil makes 65 gal. of RTU solution, @ 400 sq. ft (light soil), per RTU gal. that is 26,000 sq. ft.

Although I like to quote 19,248 sq. ft, per gal. at 2.66 oz. of juice per, this will cover medium soil as well. that is .00233 cents per sq. ft. (2/100ths of a cent)

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Greenie said:
so the "shipping" is the ticket for many users as well.

Last night I went to place an order from Jeremy's new store to take advantage of his special but when I saw UPS was going to be $51 a case I hit the cancel button.

marco8us

Supportive Member
I have never encapped before and strictly use my truckmount for cleaning. I have a fairly decent contract with the local hospital/quarterly cleaning. All I have for a rotary is an Rx 20 in which I could get the pad driver for. Thinking I am needing to post pad several areas using a cotton bonnett to help dry and pull up some additional dirt in high traffic areas. I guess what I am asking is before post padding will the oil and bullett combo help my results before post padding? There are several areas in hospital in which I feel I could start encapping and water extract every 3rd time or so. Can I do this with rx20 and bonnett? Hope this isn't a stupid question. thanks all.

Marco

Name
Nate W.
marco8us said:
I have never encapped before and strictly use my truckmount for cleaning. I have a fairly decent contract with the local hospital/quarterly cleaning. All I have for a rotary is an Rx 20 in which I could get the pad driver for. Thinking I am needing to post pad several areas using a cotton bonnett to help dry and pull up some additional dirt in high traffic areas. I guess what I am asking is before post padding will the oil and bullett combo help my results before post padding? There are several areas in hospital in which I feel I could start encapping and water extract every 3rd time or so. Can I do this with rx20 and bonnett? Hope this isn't a stupid question. thanks all.

Marco

The only stupid questions are the ones not asked....... Oh and Marty's ones too. :lol:

And to answer your question about using the rx20 for post padding, you might be better off buying a 175. It's more versatile then using your rx20. Imho of course.

Lefty724

Name
E
Greenie said:
above it's sheer raw cleaning ability, and crystalizing that can not be beat, Snake Oil's main advantage is it's concentration, it's anywhere from 2X as concentrated to 8X as concentrated as competitive products, so the "shipping" is the ticket for many users as well.

A gallon of Snake Oil makes 65 gal. of RTU solution, @ 400 sq. ft (light soil), per RTU gal. that is 26,000 sq. ft.

Although I like to quote 19,248 sq. ft, per gal. at 2.66 oz. of juice per, this will cover medium soil as well. that is .00233 cents per sq. ft. (2/100ths of a cent)

I second this!! We have done 2 jobs with Snake Oil with a total of 17,000 sq ft and still have a quarter of the jug left. We used 2 oz per gallon on the first job and 4 oz per gallon on the second job using a 2 gallon pump up.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
marco8us said:
Been seein these products brought up but have never used them. So Tell me how you guys are using it and what you think of it. Getting curious, thank you.
Marco

I use Snake Oil (I use the high foam) to clean commercial carpet, the occasional apartment & synthetic upholstery. My route is mostly funeral homes, restaurants (fast food & ma & pa diners), assisted living centers, hotel hallways & conference centers. I've even done a couple homes with it. The customers were thrilled across the board. I've never needed to use it stronger than 4 oz per gallon, even in the greasy spoon diners... Most jobs 2 or 3 oz per gallon was plenty.

Magic Bullet is great for filtration, garbage bag dribbles, ink & a lot of other random spots. It can also be used as a booster for your snake oil (not that it needs one). I've never needed to use it stronger than 4 oz per gallon, even in diners...

We have nice lil' project in the works that will make Snake Oil, the outstanding product that it is even better. We were thinking of calling it Snake Venom... Thats all I can say other than it will probably not be ready in time for Winterfest/MikeyFest. But it might make it... We'll have to see.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Sorry for the dumb question but I don't encap at present. I am thinking of offering this soon to local commercial accounts that only HWE when it's an absolute necessity. I don't think any of the cleaners around me encap so I think I could really pick up a lot of business simply by doing a demonstration and pricing the job correctly and competitively (which I'll need help with that too.. but first things first.)

What's the difference/purpose for the High and Low foam formulations?

Thanks guys,

Bill

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The Triple Strength High Foam Snake Oil is primarily for low moisture cleaning. It is the most concentrated formula available that I am aware of. Due to the level of foaming surfactant it may cause a slight issue with foam decreasing your vacuum. That said, Snake Oil (TS High Foam) is great for VLM & a decent deodorizer/odor nuetralizer too.

The Double Strenght Low Foam Snake Oil is also primarily for Low Moisture but can also be used as an HWE prespray. Although the surfactant content is lower, the amount of deodorizer is increased. So if you're doing an asssisted living center & someones Depends leaked and you need to treat a granny pee spot.... The Snake Oil (DS Low Foam) is a good choice, especially if you want to extract or subsurface extract. Think of if as a stonger "encap punch" type of product with a built in deodorizer, higher polymer & solvent content that works magic at 3-4 oz per gallon for VLM and 4-6 for HWE.

Anyway, the label on the low foam product will soon be changing. The best thing about this product is also it's achillies heel: Polymer & A LOT of it. There is a relation ship between how much soil can be encapsulated & how much polymer is present. Both versions of Snake Oil are loaded with it. Unfortunately, the Low Foam version (currently labeled with rinse agent instructions) tends to gum up the QDs & check valve strainers when you run it through the wand @ high heat. So emulsifier rinse/stock solution instructions will be removed from the side of the jug...

The good news is it took 4 months of daily use for it to become appearant. None the less a label change will be forthcoming this week. (I know this because I did & will re-do the label design & a fair amount of the Beta testing for Les.) Anyway, I'm still pretty pumped about the Snake Venom. I think you guys will love it once Les is done tweaking it.

marco8us

Supportive Member
So i want to use this with post padding/bonnett, 2oz per gallon in pump sparayer is all that is needed?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
marco8us said:
So i want to use this with post padding/bonnett, 2oz per gallon in pump sparayer is all that is needed?

For an freshly steamed carpet I'd use 2.5-3oz per gallon (of either product)as the moisture content in the fiber will dilute the product slightly. That said I'd try to cover a bit more ground with it too.

Just a heads up, the High Foam Snake Oil has a better scent in my opinion. The Low Foam above 5oz per gallon has a slight ammonia odor... Although I only get that with DSLF & only while spraying it... Seems to die down pretty fast.

marco8us

Supportive Member
Thanks Jeremy. One last question, again new to encapping. Certain areas are not that dirty in this commercial account that I do quarterly cleaning. Have HWE everything in the last 4 cleanings and want to try to encap the cleaner areas. So with that being said I should approach these areas with the 2oz per gallon and scrub with a green stripe pad and have house keeping vacuum following day?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
marco8us said:
Thanks Jeremy. One last question, again new to encapping. Certain areas are not that dirty in this commercial account that I do quarterly cleaning. Have HWE everything in the last 4 cleanings and want to try to encap the cleaner areas. So with that being said I should approach these areas with the 2oz per gallon and scrub with a green stripe pad and have house keeping vacuum following day?

Sounds good to me... Except I'd only pull hoses for exceptionally dirty areas or to fulfill contracted obligations. For the "nastier areas" (food service/transitions/entry ways/high traffic) you may need to vacuum & scrub a tad bit more (absorbant pads help too) or boost the tank with a shot of juice but for lighter soil 2oz is great. Just remember to be a bit stingy & get the 400 sq ft coverage out of your juice.

Here is a tip... In one of those little qt sprayer or 1/2 gallon pump ups put like 3-6oz of snake oil in fill it with water & mist the bad areas/tough spots right before you clean. Saves time & you can just hang it on your cord hook so it's always at your finger tips...

Anyway, 2oz per gallon cleans well & 3oz cleans even better... I mean, think about it: 3oz is 50% more cleaning power... Anyway, if you do the math high foam snake oil is a bit stronger than "triple strength".... What is 8 divided by 3?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Jim Nazarian said:
Greenie said:
so the "shipping" is the ticket for many users as well.

Last night I went to place an order from Jeremy's new store to take advantage of his special but when I saw UPS was going to be $51 a case I hit the cancel button.

You may be better off sourcing it through Greenie then, Jim. Admittedly, $51 does seem like a bit much. Even so, since the product is basically as strong as it can get: You use less out of your jug to make the solution to clean a comparable amount of carpet with a competeing product.... So your shipping savings is due to you shipping 50% less bottles, 50% less frequently when compared to an 8oz per gallon product...

Of course, if you'd like to pay for shipping water... I can send you a case of Evian, Aquafina or Fiji... :lol: Anyway, give Jeff a call on Monday. He should be able to take care of you.

marco8us

Supportive Member
I am Located in Illinois, Jeff. I am in your data base under Brandon Carpet Cleaning. Have purchased a couple glides through you in the past.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I hope you guys don't mind the shameless product promotion but, I think it gets the point across of how the concentration saves $ on shipping.

Waterisoverrater-Line-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom