Make the gas pumps in your town nervous

Mikey P

Administrator

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Since we have the capability to put in our own fueling station I'm interested, but until the conversion costs come down a little more (or gas prices are allowed to continue to rise) conversion doesn't have much ROI. My concern would be that, just like in the 80s when we used propane, the oil companies will realize that they've gouged too far and drop prices to get their market share back.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
It's a great, green idea, but................how long before the Gov'ment and States add some type of road tax to the use of natural gas for other than heating. Invent it, and the Tax man will figure a way to tax it!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Boone Pickens here in Dallas has been a proponent of natural gas for several years.

Lately, he has shifted to conversion of Tractor rigs as the most cost effective and efficient.

At an additional $10,000 per van,

the payback would take many years to justify.

Larry

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
3 to 5 years is what it says.

I could deal with a 5 year recoup period.

The real issue for me would be the problem with obtaining the natural gas.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
In the 50-60's electricity was cheap around here and capacity largely unused there was a big push for electric heat in homes. PGE (portland general electric) would bankroll the whole switch no cost to the consumer even months of free electricity. By the mid 70's that al changed with a spike in demand and capacity maxed electricity rates skyrocketed making oil and natural gas cheaper.

Where will Natural gas be in a decade ?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
In the 50-60's electricity was cheap around here and capacity largely unused there was a big push for electric heat in homes. PGE (portland general electric) would bankroll the whole switch no cost to the consumer even months of free electricity. By the mid 70's that al changed with a spike in demand and capacity maxed electricity rates skyrocketed making oil and natural gas cheaper.

Where will Natural gas be in a decade ?

Rhyde........here in NE Ohio, it's a hotbed of natural gas "fracking". Promises of cheap natural gas have gone out the window in a year. Our MCF charge for gas is double what I paid last year. And it's only going up as the producers find other markets that will pay much higher rates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom