makes me so mad I want to uuM on my math!

Mikey P

Administrator
dust-1.jpg

I see that occasionally in some of my commercial work. Hardly ever in residential. Not that big of a PITA, but it can be frustrating

TimP

I see it all the time doing commercial jobs, dry wall dust. It's a pain if you barely touch the baseboard and then you have to lift and suck with a glide to get it up......major PITA. I try to advoid the base when it starts to happen.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Whenever I see that I wonder why trades people don't clean up after themselves. Never saw it with the porty...wonder why? :) Run into it occasionally in resi & com work. One way I deal with it is to hold the wand off the carpet and blast it directly with the jets followed by dropping the glide back on it. If not that I will pull off the vac cuff and run it back and forth over the debris.

uuM on my math!

btw what is that???

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I run in to that under the baseboard crud quite often. It's aggravating, I don't like sloppy builders, especially at the rates they charge.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Thats too funny I thought I was the only one that hated that.

I guess its pretty common.

Then you have to stop, disconnect the vac hose and cuff it up. Then more dust comes out!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhhhh turn side ways and get it with edge of wand...works everytime...

in cases where it dont....tip yer wand back spray a little extra and use the puff of spray get rid of it....then dry....

thank you thatll be $50 8) 8)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yeah that problem is a PITA. You almost need to have backback vac on while you are pushing your upright to edge vac under all the baseboard!

R

R W

Around my area, I get the same thing in the newer houses, mostly in basement remodels. But another thing we get is.....mill dust, or coal dust from the many years that this area was a top steel producer. They had very little pollution control back then (up through the 70's), and that dust got every where. There are still plenty of houses that I clean that still retain that dust under the baseboards. Bump 'em and they keep spilling out the crap. You just gotta turn the wand sideways, and finish up along the wall. Or cuff it.

Back
Top Bottom