Making a "Temporary" waste tank...

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
So, I need to do a serious modification to my awkward "L" shaped tank... I have the plan laid out, but it wont be usable for at least 48 hours.

So what I want to do Is make a new 55gal steel drum w/lid in to a temporary waste tank to use while my tank is being chopped up.

The necessary vac/drain/etc ports are a no brainer, but this thing needs to hold up to a #5 blower.

Could I wedge some PVC pipe cross ways several times inside to keep it from collapsing?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm not sure but I don't think the size of your blower will matter. Its the level of hg that will decide whether or not the barrel will collapse. Besides adding some supports you could just lower the hg setting on your relief valve for a couple days. Just need to make a couple extra vac passes.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
You have to start out with a "3 ring" steel drum. The rings are channels formed into the wall of the drum, that act as reinforcements.

Beyond that, don't let the inches of lift get over 12, or it will collapse.

(Years ago, when I first got into the industry, one winter we had a hard freeze and several systems without recovery tanks. So we made some this way, in order to increase the number of working systems available. We collapsed several before figuring out the way to do it.)

Jay D

Name
Jay D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Temporary waste tank out of a 55 gallon drum AND a 5 blower :lol: :lol: :p Can you say POP!!! :mrgreen: You could use a sheet of 3/4" plywood interlocking into a X might help to. you gotta lower the hg like duane said or it will collapse. good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom