Making it Easier; or, Harder?

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Although I am a newbie on this great board I also am recognizing that a large majority of participants are pretty experienced and knowledgeable individuals. However, my comments below are directed toward those who are not:

I get asked this question every now and then. So, here's the real truth without the sugar-coating:

Why do we not suggest the Operator securing their solution hoses to their vacuum hoses?

First reason, in regards to our equipment, it definitely would not make sense, period.

Second reason, the vacuum hoses will compress (shorten) somewhat under extreme vacuum performance and will thereby displace the match-up (position) between both hoses (the particular strapping material used). Therefore, one will end up "shorter" than the other. Further, the psi hose will tend to "twist" around the vacuum hose as well.

Third reason, it makes the hoses a lot heavier when hauling them in and out.

Fourth reason; In cold winter areas, if psi hose freezes, the operator has to submerge both hoses in a hot bathtub! What a mess.

Unless the Operators hoses are 10-15, my advice is to forget it because it is not faster and easier; rather a big hassle instead.

Hopefully some great advice from a "very" experienced former operator!

Ed Valentine
cross-American.com

Last edited:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
also people have different systems and set ups. For instance their may be furniture that needs to be presprayed while the helper is doing dry passes in other rooms. If the issue is freezing your solution lines then you are a friggin rookie who doesn't know what he is doing. Looking at who is posting now I know why the equipment I bought from Ed Valentine fell apart sitting on a shelf he was drunker than me on st patricks day

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Iv been using the wraps for a few weeks now. They are very handy for wrapping cuffs on wood floors, keeping the hoses and cord tidy when using the Trex , etc.. I like them that's all I know.....
Not expensive either. Even Larry could afford them , they come in a pack of 5

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
also people have different systems and set ups. For instance their may be furniture that needs to be presprayed while the helper is doing dry passes in other rooms. If the issue is freezing your solution lines then you are a friggin rookie who doesn't know what he is doing. Looking at who is posting now I know why the equipment I bought from Ed Valentine fell apart sitting on a shelf he was drunker than me on st patricks day

No one gets drunk,Er then you on St. Paddys day

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Damn, Ed!
I've been securing the hoses to each other for the last twenty five years and so far so good. Never had a clue I was doing it all wrong.

Is it too late for me? Being old, could I learn new tricks ?:shifty:

Larry, I don't like the ties you show, the plastic is hard and can scratch surfaces particularly the sharp corner. Any strong plastic thread will work, or I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-El...f=lp_511390_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1378167908&sr=1-9

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Mikey P

Administrator
I take it all you cord wrap fags don't use a hydroforce?

Yes Cu, we know you use a Mytee BIg Boss and have never ever had a leak, pump fail or rust develope.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I take it all you cord wrap fags don't use a hydroforce?

Yes Cu, we know you use a Mytee BIg Boss and have never ever had a leak, pump fail or rust develope.
I take it you never had a hydro force fail or qc leak or a clogged jet

All I said was they are handy to have.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've been using HF's since 1992 or so..

Every once in awhile I replace the draw hose.
Once a year I stretch the spring in the Dema valve a hair longer
and about every 5 years I buy a new one for $150 from Sal.

electric, pump up or battery sprayers are of no interest to me for applying prespray.

I would never want my hoses connected in any fashion.

why do you, Cu?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I have never zip tied my hoses ...to me that's just retarded, but that's me . the wraps have a velcro strip on them. Making it easy to put on and take off when ever you don't need them . I use mine around cuffs and QD,s just as extra protection against scratching wood floors rubbing up on base boards etc.
i also use them when I'm using the T. To keep the hoses together FOR Me it's easier to then move the hose out of my way
when I'm done using them I put them back in the case along with sliders and furn tabs.

And when they get dirty I wash them.

That's it no need to get upset, I just think they are handy to have

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Also, I think it has many uses such as, holding the coiled solution line together and extension cords. Place wrap low on the wand, so you don't burn your hands on the wand while cleaning stairs (even Mike can appreciate this one). If all else fails, it can be used as a Koozie for your 24 oz beer can.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom