Making water hook ups easier

John Watson

I have a Water well 120 gal on board poly tank that has been modified by installing an other mini float valve about 4 inches up from the bottom.

The reason for doing this is so I can do jobs with out carrying a full or partial (more than about 7 gals) tank of water. I can hook a clients garden hose to my in hose which tees to the lower and upper float valves. I also have another Tee in line for a cold water supply at the truck. Or I can pack a full tank that lasts 3-4 jobs depending on size.

Most clients have a garden hose to hook up to. Now and then they don't. It is still a pain in the ass to pull their hose out and re coil it back up when through. For years I have always carried 50 -100 feet just for clean water hook ups. They are also a pain to drain, coil and store after each use. Some like Jim have their own separate reels for storage and take up.

I found this at one of my clients store this last week and am intrigued by the concept of pulling up to the job and if I need water to do the job or fill the tank for the next jobs just pull it out and when done it recoils itself in. I am planing on mounting it from the roof of the van next to my hose reel and the water tank. I think it will save a lot of messing around and time which equates to money.. I paid $134.95 including tax for mine This is what I found on the Internet.

http://www.yardlover.com/products.php?pid=77717338

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
You know, they make PROFESSIONAL versions of that. You see them in Garages and workshops all the time.

Personally, I have a live hose reel on my back door. I open the door, and pull. I don't drain, or "coil" ...I just pull and wind. Takes about 120 seconds more per job, longer if the dog bites and the only faucet is in the back yard.

Bob Foster

I acquired this stainless steel tank recently. It is 5 gallons and I plan on T'ing it in beside my 125 gal water tank and experimenting with a view of seeing how much of a PITA it is as a trade off to reduced weight.

It is about 5 gallons.

floattankdown.jpg

floattankend.jpg

floattankside.jpg

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
My setup...

Live fresh water hose reel that's connected to water softener. Hose with QD connection running from softener to freshy tank. Hose with QD running from freshy to machine.

When I don't want to run around with a full freshy, I just undo the QD's and connect the softner to the machine and use the custy's water.

Greenie

If I make another tank like Bob's I will have an inner rolled edge to deter sloshing.....I hate leaky boxes....oh and it'll have rubber straps to keep it snug.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob..what you have is jus lik a Steam Genie water tank only the Genies have the lip for splashing...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom