Man I wish we could get an IICRC Color Repair class up north in winter

Name
Steve Lawrence
Looking over the list of CRT (color repair technician) classes offered is discouraging. Almost all are out west or down south. Closest one being offeredis Ruth Travis near Philly (600 miles, 9 hour drive) in October when we are screaming busy. Any other folks in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois in need of this class?

If there are enough of us northerners wanting this class we could get one of the instructors to come up and give it.

Contact me if interested. Message me here or call 734-663-2733. Best time for us is Jan-Feb-March when we are not so busy.

This class is required to earn your Master Cleaning Tech status. BTW the class is 2 days and there are about 3-4 hours devoted to stain removal.

Steve

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Steve we have never ever made money on a CRT class we ALWAYS lose money. Even Interlink cannot fill this class. The last one we had I let Cameron from the SLC interlink store come to ours so he could earn his masters because they had to cancel theirs. I still hold it every 2-3 years when we have at least 6 people that want it that way we only lose $900-1000 if no one else signs up. It takes 12 to break even at $249 a head. We could save money and order in little Caesar pizza and not provide breakfast or unlimited drinks but then we wouldn't be Superior :) If you decide to try to get an instructor out there let me know and I will get you Jim Smith's info.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a better idea......

Lets petition the Clean Trust/IICRC for it to be REMOVED!

Has there ever been a worse class? What real value can it have if it's put on so infrequently and attended so poorly. I know a guy that knows a guy, that knows someone on their board. Maybe if we all pick a date we could setup a picket line or a sit in or something annoying like that. :winky:

Ok maybe we can do it the right way first. :icon_cry:

Can it be brought before a committee for updating the curriculum? I'm sure there was a time it had value but as little meat as there is on that bone shouldn't it just be included on the carpet course. Give it it's due 15-minutes.....if that???

Just in case they don't listen I'm going to continue with my protest plans. Let me suggest full size picket signs and color coded T-shirts......they can be color repaired! :razz:

:winky:

Jimi-Hendrix-Art-HD_zps8a51f22c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Steve Lawrence

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I disagree 100% Richard. You shouldn't just get "Master" status. It should be HARD and you should WANT to achieve that status and it should be HARD to maintain.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Serious John, I've never taken a hard IICRC course yet. Not there there are not some coming down the pike but so far they have not been hard. Very educational and I learned plenty, I highly recommend taking all the classes you can but I hope others don't stay away for fear they are hard. Stay awake, take good notes, ask questions if you don't understand and take part in the review and there is no way you shouldn't score in the 90's.

I did take a WLI course that I barely scraped by passing. 300 questions and essay after attending 5-days of class and a multitude of different instructors including an attorney, architect, Adjusters OSHA officer, Museum director. It was hard.

I sent my nephew and a supervisor to take the AMRT this winter both passed in the 90's. Neither have ever done any mold work, they just test well. Good instructors certainly help, Peter Sierck from ET & T is a great instructor, tough but cares that you come away with the information needed to do mold work as well as pass the test.

Good classes but I disagree on hard.

Just because I look dumb and act dumb and.....test dumb, doesn't mean I am dumb. Does it?

Fuk I'm dumb! :cry:
Why wasn't I told?

We told Marty and Jimmy they were dumb didn't we?

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Steve Lawrence
Hey Richard,
Maybe we could start a petition right on this BBS to get the class removed from the requirements. All Mikey's Boarders "sign" it and we'll send it in and see what happens.

Who could write this petition?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was kidding about it.

Steve I do think it's a poor excuse for a class but I think we should direct our opinions through the right channels. Even if it takes years for its removal, at least some other poor sap won't have to suffer the class unless they have a true interest.

John, I'm all for the Master Cleaner designation being comprised of all the facets cleaning/restoration entails. There needs to be value in the program and there should be more master cleaners. Maybe there needs to be an SFS type week long Master Cleaner class?

A few years ago Kurt Bolden called up for lunch, said he was going to be in KC, he had to complete an install class to maintain his Master Cleaner status. He had a major investment just to keep his status....ridiculous to be jerked around like that. All the classes he puts on but didn't have an install class within a time line so off to KC he went. Yes some of was Kurts fault, he admitted that but come on! :frown:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom