manufacturing plant pricing

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
Hi guys......Want to see if you can help on this one. A very good customer asked us if we could steam clean some very very greasy equipment in their plant. Yes it will take us a few hours to clean up our equipment after this job. There are 2 of us on the job and it will take us about 15 hours this weekend. In 2 weeks they want us to come back and do some walls. Then they may want to clean this same area every 4=6 months. You think $350-$400. per machine sounds about right or am I too low? I realize this is out of our realm of expertise but looking for input. For the record we hit these rates on commercial carpet cleaning all the time and sometimes more.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
$400 @ 15 machine hours is $25 an hour...i hope you TM guys make a lot more than that.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
or are you not explaining it good enough

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
Must have not explained well enough. No at that rate would have been out of business years ago. $350.-$400. per machine hour at 15 total machine hours over the weekend would be aprox.$5000.-$6000. And we do make these rates on commercial/industrial carpet cleaning consistently.

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
We clean their carpets quarterly and price is aprox. $2300. Takes us about 5 hours. That is well over 400 per machine hour. That is my dilemma to get price right. Work is extremely nasty so I cant see going well below our carpet cleaning rates. Think we are going to go for 400 per hour. Don't think we should have any issues at this rate. Don't want to screw ourselves out of any future work.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We clean their carpets quarterly and price is aprox. $2300. Takes us about 5 hours. That is well over 400 per machine hour. That is my dilemma to get price right. Work is extremely nasty so I cant see going well below our carpet cleaning rates. Think we are going to go for 400 per hour. Don't think we should have any issues at this rate. Don't want to screw ourselves out of any future work.

Production time?

Sure, sounds like a great job.
Go for it.

mike r

Name
Michael Ramsey
Got the job finished and it turned out great. Probably got about 80% of buildup off machinery. He wants to do it again next month. Steamed about 6 machines overall. Could have easily spent 2 days on each machine. Being in a production area of a large plant having a powerful vac system to steam was essential. Job would have been next to impossible without it. Water everywhere. Customer loved the work! Wants to do additional work besides machinery. Going to invoice at just over $500. per machine hour. Took 2 guys 12 hours. Now it is going to take us a couple of hours to clean grease and oil off our hoses and equipment. Thanks for your input guys!

Back
Top Bottom