Marble Floor - Need Help

CarpetKING

I was cleaning some tile & grout for a customer today in his bathroom and kitchen and he asked me to do his marble foyer. I presprayed with Powerburst with a small scoop of Grease Eraser mixed in - this is what l was using on the ceramic t&g. It was a mistake to use that on the marble - it left the finish on the marble much duller that it was before. How can l fix this? Thanks...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
powder polish.....

or track down some monkey pads....

next time leave it alone !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

CarpetKING

Thanks where do l get powder polish and how do l apply it? To make matters worse it was a dark colored marble so it really showed the dullness. WHat methods do you guys normally use to clean the grout on marble? All by hand or just water? L had done mine at home before and not had this happen - but mine is cream colored so maybe it just didnt show.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
What did you rinse with and/or did you do an acid pass? Any acid whatsoever will etch marble or any calcium based stone floors.

If you don't want to end up buying this floor, you may be better off having an experienced stone pro come in and bring the finish back. It may take several grits to bring it back to the pre etched finish and this may not be the opporuntity to learn stone polishing.

CarpetKING

Didnt use a rinse. I have experience with floors - wood and stripping vct etc - l can do it just need to know the process.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
just go and buy a set of monkey pads. watch the videos on youtube. follow what they show you exactly how it is done. i dont think you messed up the floor that bad but cant tell without pics.

fresh1

If you think you can resurface natural stone just by watching a video, your really going to need your liability insurance. Good luck

Mikey P

Administrator
I think Rob Allen teaches a class where you can improvise by using Oxycontin as a powder polish.

Try searching for it on You Tube

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
fresh1 said:
If you think you can resurface natural stone just by watching a video, your really going to need your liability insurance. Good luck
well said.....better off calling somone that knows what their doing....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dark colored stone.....well now that changes it...

VCT and wood floors are nothing like stone...

and usually the grout line in a stone floor are to small to worry about.....and most dont touch them unless they know whats up....

you might be better off to pay for a stone person, then to try and fix it...

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Check with Interlink Supply in your area. They taught a stone cleaning and a hands on marble polishing class earlier this year. They could probably let you know who is doing stone in your area.

Future cleaning to be done with a product meant for marble such as StonePerfect for heavy cleaning or Vivid for light cleaning.

Spinergy pads or Monkey pads could be used for polishing, but it should be done by someone who has tried it on some practive floors before doing your customer's floor.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I have Monkey Pads for sale. I never used them. Thought I would just never did. Give me 60¢ on the dollar for them and they are yours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom