marble refinishing trial.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I have never refinished marble. My partners parents just got a price of 850 buchs to do their foyer. we thought of this as an oppurtunity for us to learn how to do it. (as they wont we laughing at us, and will understand that we dont know what we are doing) Should we try it? what are the steps and equipment specifically that you guys use? The porposal form the original company said " diamond refinishing" which they say the process involves "honing and acid compounding" Wouldnt an acid ruin the tile? Hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks.

BUSY BEE

SRI Cleaning said:
I have never refinished marble. My partners parents just got a price of 850 buchs to do their foyer. we thought of this as an oppurtunity for us to learn how to do it. (as they wont we laughing at us, and will understand that we dont know what we are doing) Should we try it? what are the steps and equipment specifically that you guys use? The porposal form the original company said " diamond refinishing" which they say the process involves "honing and acid compounding" Wouldnt an acid ruin the tile? Hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks.
if you've never done it dont do it. you'll get yerself into trouble and have to pay a professional stone restorer to fix and make yerself look bad. ther's techniques that have to be taught hands on, this is not something that can be taught on a computer or paper. You're in PA call Stu at MB Stone.com or Huligar at the NSRA and go to the next class if you're interested in going into stone restoration. Not to sound like a dick but yer questions show me you have no business doing this job, get the proper training before taking this on.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
yeah, that might be too much for your first time. Maybe you can find someone in your area that does it and ask for a "training session"...pay em' for their time and you supply equipment/labor and get some OJT? But a lot can go wrong and could be an expensive lesson for you if you try on your own. Good Luck!

Gary T

......or you could buy the primate pads, watch a vid, and voila, you be a restoration expert.

David Gelinas

Too funny to all of the above. First off the question, but most importantly Gary’s response.

Take care guys,
David Gelinas
Marbleguy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom