market for a new wand

i'm currently in the market to add an upgraded wand to go along with my 360i,to establish myself as a true professional, which of the two would be a better fit between pc 4- jet wand w/glide or the 4-jet greenhorn with glide.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'd buy Jim Martins titanium that's listed in the garage sale room. A pimped TI like that would run you $1400+ a 4 jet Greenhorn from me will run you $850 delivered. If he doesn't still have it then I'd buy the 4 jet greenhorn from me :)

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
You could also consider the Westpac wand that Jim is switching to. Must be pretty good wand if he's willing to give up the Ti wand. I've been using the same basic Westpac wand for 6 yrs and really like it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I’ll make you a sweet deal on the 2” Titanium POS I bought from Cobbs.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
prestige cleaner said:
i'm currently in the market to add an upgraded wand to go along with my 360i,to establish myself as a true professional, which of the two would be a better fit between pc 4- jet wand w/glide or the 4-jet greenhorn with glide.

Why not the 5-jet, 14" Greenhorn? That's what I use. Wouldn't want to lose 2" in width. (12" vs 14")

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron, Bawb, Johnny, I believe the greenhorn that John and our orginal poster are refering to are the new 14" greenhorn with the 4 jet original design.. I may be mistaken. I know they use to have a 12" quad jet and a 5 jet 14" when Jeff aka Greenie was retrofitting them. However, I believe that the current 14" greenhorns are utilizing the factory spray bar which was a 4 jet design.

John how about some clarification.. I hate peeing into the wind here! :mrgreen:

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
Ron, Bawb, Johnny, I believe the greenhorn that John and our orginal poster are refering to are the new 14" greenhorn with the 4 jet original design.. I may be mistaken. I know they use to have a 12" quad jet and a 5 jet 14" when Jeff aka Greenie was retrofitting them. However, I believe that the current 14" greenhorns are utilizing the factory spray bar which was a 4 jet design.

It's ok, we know you like the warmth it brings... lol...

I agree with Shane T. I'd look into the westpac wand JimMartin got. For someone to give up a TI wand, (especially Jim) It'd be worth a look to me. I also have a TI wand for lightly soiled and uneven floors. The GH is a poor man's TI.

With that said, I still use a rv360i most of the time. shiteatinggrin

John Olson

Name
John Olson
sweendogg said:

Nope these are 4 Jet 12" Greenhorns with the Greenhorn Manifolds. The people using the original are doing so because they can't get the Greenhorn manifolds. I only have 3 left myself. I have NO 14" 5 Jet Manifolds so I have no "Greenhorn 5 Jet" I can put a back strain reliever and a soft touch and check valve extenders on it but without the manifold and brackets it isn't a "Greenhorn"

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the question is how long do you want your wand to last. a prochem wand is what I call a lifetime wand. I have actually never seen one wear out especially if you are running a glide on one. THE VALVE IS THE BEST MADE VALVE BY A FREAKING MILE no one has ever come close to the durability of the valve or for that matter the entire wand. I am sure there are guys that will say I am full of it but thats because they likely don't own a prochem wand.

yeah a pc quad jet is a bit heavier than most, but its made to the right shape and will not hurt your back, I can clean with one all day long. I have never used a Ti wand but they look pretty darn good as well. however I would never be afraid of a quad jet unit and its weight. I think with a smaller machine a guy might do better with the smaller wand if a bigger machine maybe the Ti is better.

the westpacs don't hold a candle to a prochem wand and if I am not mistaken a greenhorn is just a modified westpac. either way if you want the greenhorn buy it from john, if you want a new prochem wand, buy that from john too.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
steve g said:
the question is how long do you want your wand to last. a prochem wand is what I call a lifetime wand. I have actually never seen one wear out especially if you are running a glide on one. THE VALVE IS THE BEST MADE VALVE BY A FREAKING MILE no one has ever come close to the durability of the valve or for that matter the entire wand. I am sure there are guys that will say I am full of it but thats because they likely don't own a prochem wand.

yeah a pc quad jet is a bit heavier than most, but its made to the right shape and will not hurt your back, I can clean with one all day long. I have never used a Ti wand but they look pretty darn good as well. however I would never be afraid of a quad jet unit and its weight. I think with a smaller machine a guy might do better with the smaller wand if a bigger machine maybe the Ti is better.

the westpacs don't hold a candle to a prochem wand and if I am not mistaken a greenhorn is just a modified westpac. either way if you want the greenhorn buy it from john, if you want a new prochem wand, buy that from john too.

Thanks Steve. It is actually a CMP Wand which is made here in the USA :)

Chris A

Name
Chris
I agree with Steve Garrett. I've had both and the CMP can't touch the quality and durability of a Prochem wand.

West

Name
Clint
I always here about the ti wand, greenhorn wand, and even this westpak wand Jim is swithing to, can someone post good pictures of them so I can see what is so great about them please. I know I would have to use them to really make a educated opinion, but I would at least like to see pictures of them. Anyone?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny

John,

What's a "back strain reliever"?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It is a white piece of ptfe that allows the wand to move easy on the carpet so you have
less repeative motion injuries. :mrgreen:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
bahahahahahahahahaah

I have a 12" PC and a 14" greenhorn.......

ill take the 14" anyday...that PC is tweaked funny...dont like it

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

I agree with that. Get the used Ti wand. Like your grandmother's diamond ring. Clean it up and it will outlast you.

Name
Nate W.
West said:
I always here about the ti wand, greenhorn wand, and even this westpak wand Jim is swithing to, can someone post good pictures of them so I can see what is so great about them please. I know I would have to use them to really make a educated opinion, but I would at least like to see pictures of them. Anyone?

Westpac wand Jim M. has.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44113&p=491414&hilit=wand#p491414

Prochem "TI" Titanium Wand.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46625

Greenhorn Wand.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21845&hilit=greenhorn+wand+pictures

That's the best I can do for you... Try searching it and maybe you'll find a post I didn't see.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Damn nate...get back to work....

how much time that all take you anyway???

Every greenhorn I have ever seen either in person or in the numerous videos posted by Terry, Bob Foster, and others illustrate that they overspray bad. That is something I could not deal with. Maybe they just need to swap the jets out. I had to play around with my prochem to get it right. 80015 jets on the outside, 110015 jets on the inside, and short extenders. After cleaning with and without a glide, the glide does yield faster dry times, but does not clean as deep as an unglided wand. For jobs I need fast drying times, I use a glide and do extra dry strokes. For jobs that dry time does not matter, I use my regular wand. Dry times are still only a couple hours.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
mine barely oversprays....but i like it, helps clean edges a little better...

maybe ill make you dinks a video...

Ron Werner said:
just enough overspray with mine to get the edges, nothing to worry about. Only way to know it is cleaning next to a hard sfc

Yes and you dry stoke everything.

Now go clean 8k sq ft of dirty commercial carpet with that overspray. I for one am not dry stroking that much carpet.

One pass and I move on.

I guess that's why they make a zipper.

I still want to demo one.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
cleaned a couple thow sf with one pass. Just have to move the wand to accomodate for the little overspray. Guess yours must have been significant, mine is more like a wee mist that goes about 1/2", nothing much to worry about. Seems every tool has its quirks. Everyone loves the Sapphire Uph tool but the one I trialed was a lemon

Back
Top Bottom