Marketing "Door Hangers"

ErikG

Have you used Door Hangers before , and what kind of percentage did you book 1000 doors 100 bookings ...
New to this forum Feedback please.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Door hangers are like playing cards right place right time. They do not work all to good. I have had better luck with flyers stapled or taped to poles

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good idea to pass them out in what ever area you are working.
Maybe to 20 houses in that neighborhood.

With that said, not a big fan of door hangers. I have done them before with little response. But one job pays for the stack. But what is your time worth?

ErikG

That seems like a great Idea to knock on the door and introduce myself

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ErikG said:
That seems like a great Idea to knock on the door and introduce myself

People in these parts frown on the old door to door salesman. It's against ciy ordinance in a couple of city's around here...I believe.

I wouldn't waste my time. Leave the hangers when your working in the neighborhood or strike a deal with some kids...not too young...to do it for you. Have them put their initials on the flyer and if it produces something...they get a cut.

Greenie

I hate when I come home and there is some trash attached to my door.

If you are gonna door knock, might as well give them something of value, something that makes them want to act now, maybe a introductory $20 off , or even $50 off on the whole house deal, gotta make them want to do somethign with you right now. Free spotter just for opening the door? lol

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wish I had time to do door hangers. They garnered me higher tickets in some really good neighborhoods that wouldn't look at my "junk mail" If you use them give a decent price point(a little higher than what you normally charge but make it look good) and a good amount of info on your company. If you have a big head that needs to be seen make sure the customer is in you face and don't cuss

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
As far as stapling/taping fliers on posts as John mentioned it is illegal in most areas.

Same as putting fliers under windshield wipers or on the outside of mailboxes.
Littering doesn't give your company a good name.

Bryan Irvin

I have to disagree with some of the other guys... I have got some great customers and made lots of money with door hangers. Just like anything else, use common sense. Make sure your piece looks nice and professional, make sure it has a good offer, go to a nice neighborhood. I usually get 3 or 4 jobs from every 100 I put out. Do a great job the first time, and you will get referrals and repeat business. Door hangers arent the only way I market, but they work well in my plan.

Bryan

nickreal

We've been doing the "5 around" door hangar thing for about a month now. They say something like "your neighbor just received excellent service, carpets more beautiful, indoor air quality, blah blah blah".

We haven't gotten any work from it yet. I will give it at least a year before I decide if it works for us or not.

I don't know if I would just go out and canvas a whole neighborhood. I think the fact that we actually cleaned for one of their neighbors gives us a little credibility.

ErikG

Rick I think your wright it gives you a lil credibilty but I dnt speak to all my neighbors in my area maybr 5-6 on the whole street. And I have 3 yr old son that I walk around the block all the time no one is ever out side its so damn hot here in fl.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Dave Yoakum said:
As far as stapling/taping fliers on posts as John mentioned it is illegal in most areas.

Same as putting fliers under windshield wipers or on the outside of mailboxes.
Littering doesn't give your company a good name.

That funny, thats how the phone books are delivered
in this area. They just throw them NEXT to the mailboxes! That is litering right, next year I'm calling the cops.

I went round and round with the head guy for the Yellow book in our area. I told him you said that they were to be delivered to the door and I signed because of that.

Anyway the books were delivered in march during a vary snowy time last year and tons of books got buried by the plows. Oh was I pissed!!!!

I freaked out and started doing tons and tons of flyers. While doing the flyers I took pics from different areas of town a total of 780 which I put on cds. My favorit one was the one that they put right under a down spout.

The reason I was really pissed is I went with three half pages that year inside front cover my first year going big in the book. BS

Keith

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think the only good door hangers are "5-arounds"

You put them up on the neighbors house, and the copy has to say something about asking their neighbor for a reference about the work.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
B&BGaryC said:
I think the only good door hangers are "5-arounds"

You put them up on the neighbors house, and the copy has to say something about asking their neighbor for a reference about the work.

That's a good one. Do you get permission from your client?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom