Marketing Pain

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
As many of you know, I kick some ass on social media when it comes to promoting our business. Yet, I'm stuck on creating other marketing ideas that are as worth it as social media is. I know there is much more that can be done to market the business on top of post card reminders, thank you letters, flyers we do now.

Right now I've been so busy I haven't had time to research our competition. How are they getting customers? I never see them on search results, social media and only see a few in the ValPak's or DMOs.

I've been working on one of the trucks the last few months almost 5 days a week now that we are short staffed. Then we were slow in June/July (our slowest months), so didn't want to hire yet. Usually I'm on the 3rd truck doing apartments or 3 bedrooms, etc. So I'm staying busy most days cleaning and then after work most of my time taken up by social media/seo/accounting stuff/inputting scheduling into fittlebug/confirming appointments/answering phones. I've come up with these different marketing ideas and trying to see what else works best for you? (For offline marketing)

Ideas:

Some sort of small flyer to have our technicians give to customers at the end of jobs, describing they can book online, have our logo/phone on it.

I've been wanting to go with Calendar magnets again that have our logo/phone on it. We actually had requests a year later for these when we seen clients that still had the on their fridge.

Commercial Carpet Cleaning Brochures? Are they worth it. I use Vistaprint for alot of our printing of items, and to create a brochure seems like a pain in the ass with what to put in it.

I'm not stepping into the world of direct mailers. Am thinking about a radio ad, but it would seriously cut back on our SS media budget wise. Anyone else run radio ads?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
No clue what you should do....
Can say to get a piece of paper, pencil and start asking questions.

How much revenue are you talking about
How many jobs is that
What is your time frame
Who is your ideal customer
What services do you provide
Where do they live
How do they find contractors
What opportunities exist
Any medium a competitor dominates

List 10-15 different campaigns and start crossing off list ones that dont match up well.
Look for soft spots, every market has soft spots. The challenge is piecing together which one is best for your specific company in your specific market.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
How about just letting natural growth take place...

Do a great job
Spend qualty time with the customer getting a bit personal

Give them referrals for obvious services needed.."I noticed your window could use a good cleaning, I have a guy".. House cleaners, handy men, plumbers etc.. They LOVE that and will remember you for it..

Free spotters, you leave free spotters, right?

Fridge magnets. ( I can get you a sweetheart deal)

Fix their vacuum cleaner for them and or refer a better one.

Clean extra stuff at no charge, into rooms, sofa arms, rugs etc...

Train your techs to do this owner operator type stuff naturally and watch your marketing budget shrink...

Last edited:

steve_64

While researching photographers for my daughters wedding I found out I can get a thirty second commercial made and played at the local theater for a month before every show for $500.
I would then own it and could get it on late night cable tv pretty cheap too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use radio but we are in a small market. It works well and we are marketing non traditional cleaning. Air duct cleaning, water damage & fire clean up, mold remediation.

If I were you I'd take your target demographics and select the neighborhoods that best fit it. Eddm will reach them for .27

Try a sample drop and see for yourself.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
First If you do not have an in home sales process. Start there!!!!!!
1. Sales sheet with your services
2. Referral business cards for every customer. Do you have a solid referral plan?
3. commercial service offer. Our best commercial clients have come from current residential clients.

2nd 3,6,9,12,15,18,24 month reminder cards for all customers. Service monster can do this for you simply.

3rd monthly email on the 15 and 3o of each month. Constant contacts works great.

4th Start a list of referral partners list. Who is currently referring you? Who do you need to develop a relationship with to get their referrals? Do you see them on a regular basis? How are you thanking them?

Thats a start and should be pretty easy to get going.

No need to answer the questions here just thoughts to consider.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
First If you do not have an in home sales process. Start there!!!!!!
1. Sales sheet with your services
2. Referral business cards for every customer. Do you have a solid referral plan?
3. commercial service offer. Our best commercial clients have come from current residential clients.

2nd 3,6,9,12,15,18,24 month reminder cards for all customers. Service monster can do this for you simply.

3rd monthly email on the 15 and 3o of each month. Constant contacts works great.

4th Start a list of referral partners list. Who is currently referring you? Who do you need to develop a relationship with to get their referrals? Do you see them on a regular basis? How are you thanking them?

Thats a start and should be pretty easy to get going.

No need to answer the questions here just thoughts to consider.

Tom nailed it, before taking on a new investment are you getting the most out of your current ones?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I know this isn't an answer to your question, but I have to ask.

Are you actually generating new clients with facebook or just communicating with current clients. I have tried some dark posts, but do not seems to any action from them.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I know this isn't an answer to your question, but I have to ask.

Are you actually generating new clients with facebook or just communicating with current clients. I have tried some dark posts, but do not seems to any action from them.

Dont have a specific answer for you.

What i would do to find out is choose a demographic and then test 5 different themes on same demographic.
Spend a couple hundred bucks and get some professional sales copy made too, try to match up the copy/picture to the theme, message not just random pics.

its facebook remember, funny cat pics seem to be popular ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom