Marketing ( What has worked best for you?)

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I'm trying to get established in my area, and am doing a lot of different things to accomplish that.I know it takes time and it's not the best time of the year to get started anyway. I don't have a big budget for newspaper ads, radio commercials etc, and am looking for lower cost effective alternatives.
Other than word of mouth, ( which obviously takes a while) what would be a marketing tool that has worked well for you in the past?
Thanks

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the problem with the chamber of commerce is they are on the wrong side of alot of issues, for example the salt lake chamber openly promotes illegal immigration. They oppose any steps to stop it, they want illegals to come. They will not see a phucking dime of my money ever.

F

FB7777

YIKES Imbesi in the local chamber

wait until words gets around about what an anal, zero tolerance dousche bag you can be :shock:

F

FB7777

Its $175 annually in my town

but the first year they charge an additional $25 for initial processing of your membership its in fine print on the application

I shudder to think of the carnage you would create over that scam :mrgreen:

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Download Yahoo sitebuilder and start building a website. It's the best $12.95 a month I have ever spent. Pick up the book "SEO for dummies" and get it optimized to come up first in your area.

I kick myself everyday for not doing it about 4 years sooner. I would have saved thousands in advertising.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
prestige cleaner said:
look into becompetitionfree.com you will find what your looking for there.

The Be Competition Free™ Marketing Program
is only $299 per month (18 payments)

There is a 30 day risk-free trial period allowing you to listen to the six hour audio CD seminar Be Competition Free™ which explains in depth the marketing plan and the details of what we will be doing and providing for you to redesign your marketing system.

Let's see 18X 299 how much is that?

5382.-!
Not counting the design and hosting of the website they offer.

I'm sure there is great info in that program and I wish I could afford it, but.....that's not quite the "marketing on a budget for the beginning carpet cleaner" advice that I was hoping for.

That would be more like: I have lot's of money, can you help me spend it........ :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
check to see if there are any local busn directories in Coeur d' Alene. Here in Sooke the local Lions Club publishes a book, costs me $260 this year, and I'll make $10000 from it next year.
Write a letter of introduction about yourself and what your services are, basically like a resume, send it to every realtor and interior designer and home stager. Then go and talk to them personally. Offer to do a free sample cleaning.

LOTS and LOTS of busn cards. Keep passing them out. I passed out around 4000 my first year.
When you do up your cards, invoices, any ad you run, make them look the same, ie they should all match in style etc.
If you have a laptop, find a good invoicing software, quickbooks is one I've heard guys use that doesn't cost a lot, buy a portable printer, and do your quotes and workorders right there in the customer's home. THAT will set you apart and make you look more professional.
Charge by the cleanable square foot, more profitable that way.

DON'T do what many do. Don't undersell yourself. Don't compete on price. Figure out what your price is, what you need to make a profit to survive, and stick by it. Out work the others in the area, provide a service they've never seen before. And charge for it. Don't be the highest priced cleaner right away but as you get more clients and get busier you can raise your price.
If you have to lower it, make sure they KNOW you are giving them a break "THIS TIME ONLY", or even better, don't give them a break but just decrease your services to lower the price to fit their budget. Too many times someone will say "Give me a good price because I have other properties or I know lots of friends." Many of us here have heard that line and never saw another job from those people.

Be Competition Free Program will help you get your mindset right for building a better busn, setting yourself apart from the crowd and being more profitable. I wish it would have been available my first years. Might have saved me $5000 in wasted marketing over the years. Its more an investment than a cost.

F

FB7777

gimmeagig said:
prestige cleaner said:
look into becompetitionfree.com you will find what your looking for there.

The Be Competition Free™ Marketing Program
is only $299 per month (18 payments)

There is a 30 day risk-free trial period allowing you to listen to the six hour audio CD seminar Be Competition Free™ which explains in depth the marketing plan and the details of what we will be doing and providing for you to redesign your marketing system.

Let's see 18X 299 how much is that?

5382.-!
Not counting the design and hosting of the website they offer.

I'm sure there is great info in that program and I wish I could afford it, but.....that's not quite the "marketing on a budget for the beginning carpet cleaner" advice that I was hoping for.

That would be more like: I have lot's of money, can you help me spend it........ :lol:
I'm not going to advocate purchasing Be Comp Free, but I think you are approaching the math from a pessimistic viewpoint

In 20 years , I can only think of a couple ad campaigns that didn't work for me

The fact is, if you pick up the phone, have a good pitch and provide better than just good work, you will succeed IMO

Val Pak, ADVO, Super Coup, web based advertising, belly to belly ( door knocking) all works

I bet Be Competition Free works great as well

as long as you work it

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jim Williams said:
Download Yahoo sitebuilder and start building a website. It's the best $12.95 a month I have ever spent. Pick up the book "SEO for dummies" and get it optimized to come up first in your area.

I kick myself everyday for not doing it about 4 years sooner. I would have saved thousands in advertising.

I concur.

Yahoo site builder and it's site submission etc has worked very well for me.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
<<<<best advice>>>>......
target the black community......
most go by word of mouth.....
clean way more times a year......than Mrs Phifft........
steady income!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Google Maps/website and my marketing system has been working well for me.

Less than 15 bucks a month to execute both.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
danielc said:
Dave Yoakum said:
Google Maps/website and my marketing system has been working well for me.

28 years experience and one truck. :roll:

I've have 4 trucks running for many years.

Is bigger really better?

Profit on each crew can be 20% or far less.

Less headaches now.

I can be done by noon if I want, and still make more profit.

Dave Yoakum said:
danielc said:
[quote="Dave Yoakum":3mh2an4x]Google Maps/website and my marketing system has been working well for me.

28 years experience and one truck. :roll:

I've have 4 trucks running for many years.

Is bigger really better?

Profit on each crew can be 20% or far less.

Less headaches now.

I can be done by noon if I want, and still make more profit.[/quote:3mh2an4x]

Ok I completely agree with you Dave. Sorry.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I wrote a short article on "farming" a method of marketing I sued in the early days of my business when I had a lot of free time and limited resources. It was a good way to get in front of the target market I wanted.

If any wants a copy, send me an email - ScottW@bridgewatercorp.net - and I will attach a copy to the reply.

You can also download it from my website www.CleanWiki.com Click on the "technical" information at the very top. Then choose your subjects. Over 700 topics so far and adding a couple every week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom