Master list of spotters

G

I'm new to this industry and I am learning a lot on this board. My prices include spots "if possible". Right now if my pre-spray doesnt get them, I use Citrus Solve (80% of the time gets them) and I pass on the Red Relief unless the customer really wants to get a certain spot out(coffee etc.). I've read through the forums, and everyone has a favorite spotter. I just want to know what other bottle I should be carrying to get the spots out fast that the citrus can't and move on? Or is there a spotter that does what Citrus does and more? I've read that Greenie say's he would use full strength Judson O2, what kind of spots does that get out that other cant?

hogjowl

Idiot™
You have to go to a beauty supply place, like Sally's Beauty Supply, to get it, and when you ask for the 40 volume hydrogen peroxide, the lady will look at you with this stupid look on her face. That's because its not know by that in the beauty supply place. It's called a "builder", or something like that. Look for the white quart bottle with 40 on the face of it. Black cap ...

TimP

Just be carefull with 40 vol peroxide it's some very strong stuff. You may be better to start with 20 or 30 vol. It's basically a color "safe" bleach but used at 40 vol you better not use much at all cause it will take color out if you aren't careful.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Eric;

Build your own kit with best products from each chemical manufacturer.
These are the items I like to see in a Spotting Kit:

16 oz. Dynachem POG
16 oz. Enzyme + Oxidizer Powder (DC Odor Attack)
16 oz. DC Dye Stain Remover- one part (on sale)
16 oz. Ink Remover
16 oz. Citra Solv (Pure d-Limonene liquid)
16 oz. Rust Remover
16 oz. Encapsulate Cleaner
12 oz. Reducing Agent (bisulfite powder)
12 oz. Powder Oxidizer (DC Powder Brightener)

Nylon Tamping Brush w/scraper
Terry Towel
Laminated Spotting Chart
Plastic Tray Holder
pH Pen
Chlorine Test Paper

Larry Cobb
Cobb Carpet Supply

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
power gel

citric gel

a rust remover

cyclone HWE

40 volume

ammonia

urine stain remover and protein stain remover ( both to make stain magic..cost effective and long shelf life)

a bone scraper..

spotting kits are way over rated and way over priced and I promise you wont use half of what is in them...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
http://vacaway.com/vaSpottingKit/

Get a quart of Cyclone VLM & an extra quart of Hell Gel Orange while you're at it.

As far as the 40 volume goes, make sure you get the liquid & not the paste... And don't use it straight. I prefer 30 volume personally. Wear gloves.

tim

Jim Martin is right on except add Red Vanish and Fels Naptha

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
- One quart of hard cold reality.

No matter what the claims on this and other boards are.
No matter what the manufacturers claim.
THEY DON'T GET ALL THE SPOTS OUT.
Some spots do come out and some don't.

And if you try to be a perfectionist hero you may end up owning the stain. Over working a stain is one of the most common mistakes of the enthused home owner and the inexperienced carpet cleaner.

- So, add one quart of anti hero liquid.

I don't think Larry sells it. Mikey, never heard about it.

G

kolfer1 said:
- One quart of hard cold reality.

No matter what the claims on this and other boards are.
No matter what the manufacturers claim.
THEY DON'T GET ALL THE SPOTS OUT.
Some spots do come out and some don't.

And if you try to be a perfectionist hero you may end up owning the stain. Over working a stain is one of the most common mistakes of the enthused home owner and the inexperienced carpet cleaner.

- So, add one quart of anti hero liquid.

I don't think Larry sells it. Mikey, never heard about it.

Great advice. I'm a production perfectionist, I only want to stop no more than 10 seconds on a spot and move on after trying with a spotter. I was looking for a magic bullet that gets more stains out than Citrus Solv, I will try some of the stuff mentioned here, but not the stuff I have to use gloves. I don't want to own anyones carpet ;)

Rescue

Hey Knockout-

I checked out your site...Procyon huh? What do you use for the heavy soiled stuff. I used to use this stuff, it works for the light-medium soiled carpets (although a booster is usually needed), but not for the heavy stuff. How has it been for you?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I'f you're new to the industry as you say, probably the best thing to do is get a 'kit' pre made. Get going with that and decide as you go what you want/need to change.

In the early days, I had 1-2 spotters fro each of a dozen different manufacturers and it worked for me but as I added vans and new techs, I went back to a simplified kit.

At that stage, I had the Prochem dealer right in town here so I went in and bought a whole bunch of small spotter bottles. As they emptied, I bought the 5litre replacements and topped them up.

Since that time, the Vacaway stuff has made it's way downunder so I'vwe varied the kits again, bit my currect tech has been with me for 1.5-2 years now and going great.

I generally carry:-

1x encap detergent.
1x wool detergent.
1x Coffee/Tannin spotter.
1x 7% Hydrogen Peroxide &
1x back up bottle.
1x red dye spotter. (Red vanish for wool)
2x different Citrus get spotters. (1x encap and 1x standard)
1x encap NVDS.
1x VDS.
1x Rust remover.
1x acid rinse.
1x specialty spotter. (Cyclone-HWE)
1x Pet Spotter.

Admittedly you could trim that down a bit and my other techs don't carry as much but that's what works for me and I can do either VLM or HWE style spotting from that kit.

John

G

Rescue said:
Hey Knockout-

I checked out your site...Procyon huh? What do you use for the heavy soiled stuff. I used to use this stuff, it works for the light-medium soiled carpets (although a booster is usually needed), but not for the heavy stuff. How has it been for you?

I use Procyon Plus for majority, but for the nasty houses I have Procyon Extreme on board, I am very happy with both. I use Cleawater Rinse now, but I am switching to Green Balance Neutralizing Rinse (on order) to keep everything green seal. When I first started and learned under the previous owner, the Procyon wasn't working as well as now. The previous owner would just pre-spray and extract with 200 deg or less. Now it's awesome with dwell time while agitating/raking and use 230 deg to extract.

wired

I like pro choice product. Get there booklet on stain removal . It really helps when you first start out. They have a 800 number if you are not sure of a stain. They will help you through any stain. Alway ask the cust. what it is first so you have an idea of what your dealing with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom