Masterblend Diablo HX

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Anybody have or try out this new HX TM? Look's like a well designed HX with a diverter system. Decent vac, too. Can't find any info on MB site, other than the fuel fired model.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I think it is available in may. Ive seen it a few times in cleanfax . I am on the market for a bigger machine I would like to know more about it. I really like the open concept of a el dioblo. I m just curious about how the heat exchanger is cooled. I have an exhaust diverter on my white magic and dont really care for it. I have a bleeder on my steam action but the little guy ( 13 hp) never gets hot enough to trip the valve. Complicated hx systedms have made me look away from pc, hm, and sapphire. I think masterblends tm's are simple enough you could still stumble your way through a field repair if you had to

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I think it is available in may. Ive seen it a few times in cleanfax . I am on the market for a bigger machine I would like to know more about it. I really like the open concept of a el dioblo. I m just curious about how the heat exchanger is cooled. I have an exhaust diverter on my white magic and dont really care for it. I have a bleeder on my steam action but the little guy ( 13 hp) never gets hot enough to trip the valve. Complicated hx systedms have made me look away from pc, hm, and sapphire. I think masterblends tm's are simple enough you could still stumble your way through a field repair if you had to
I don't mind HX systems, as long as they work! My 03 Genesis 59 has a flap diverter that works well. I've had problems with it over the years, but my Son finally installed a few relays and smoothed out the response time. It stays right at temp now, and it doesn't divert any water. The newer Powercleans went to a vac operated divert system which, I guess, worked well.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Thanks, MP........I'd like to put that machine to the test. Wonder how long that flap lasts before breaking, like the Genesis was known for, and would it be easy to change out. Looks like a nice, strong solinoid for the diverter operation. Wonder if it's vac assisted or electrical?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Why...why do they still claim this nonsense of 700 feet of hoserun? Why do they still sell the temperature numbers based on a tiny 2 jet wand? Who thinks that is acceptable in this day and age? Every time I look up that pump, it comes back as sub 1500psi pump. Is it safe to run it at 2000psi?

With a properly working Kunle valve and well sealing cuffs- a unit like that was pretty much useless over 350 feet vac line. It feels more like an underpowered porty... To claim 700feet or dual wanding with it is total bs.

Reactions: Bob Savage

hogjowl

Idiot™
Your in the wrong industry, if you are expecting true and honest numbers reflecting modern working conditions.

Stoopie.

Last edited:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Why...why do they still claim this nonsense of 700 feet of hoserun? Why do they still sell the temperature numbers based on a tiny 2 jet wand? Who thinks that is acceptable in this day and age? Every time I look up that pump, it comes back as sub 1500psi pump. Is it safe to run it at 2000psi?

With a properly working Kunle valve and well sealing cuffs- a unit like that was pretty much useless over 350 feet vac line. It feels more like an underpowered porty... To claim 700feet or dual wanding with it is total bs.

Believe it or not alot of companies (ones who are actualy busy and dont have time to chum around on the board ) only have their techs cleaning with 4 or 6 flow wands. I tend to agree that 700 ft is bs but I bet you could do a 400 ft hose run and still get halfway decent dry times. I dont know if you ever ran one but they have a shit ton of suction for a #4 blower machine.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Believe it or not alot of companies (ones who are actualy busy and dont have time to chum around on the board ) only have their techs cleaning with 4 or 6 flow wands. I tend to agree that 700 ft is bs but I bet you could do a 400 ft hose run and still get halfway decent dry times. I dont know if you ever ran one but they have a shit ton of suction for a #4 blower machine.

I was typing my post between two jobs as I was sitting in a van my seat leaning against an El D so yes I have an idea of how they work.. I have ran two of them combined over 3000hours... 2.5" hose high flow Greenhorn set up. I try to bring everything out of the unit..but no I wouldn't recommend over 350 feet regularly.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was typing my post between two jobs as I was sitting in a van my seat leaning against an El D so yes I have an idea of how they work.. I have ran two of them combined over 3000hours... 2.5" hose high flow Greenhorn set up. I try to bring everything out of the unit..but no I wouldn't recommend over 350 feet regularly.

Ive actually been giving some consideration to buying an ed. How many hours do you have on them? are their any problems that have been out of the norm or a pain in the ass? My only reservation is wondering after 2 or 3 k hours will the burner start going out or be hard to find parts for

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ive actually been giving some consideration to buying an ed. How many hours do you have on them? are their any problems that have been out of the norm or a pain in the ass? My only reservation is wondering after 2 or 3 k hours will the burner start going out or be hard to find parts for

2000hrs.

At 500 hours new blower (a factory refurbished from Roots). Inverter taken off and installed generator set to power the diesel burner. (pretty useful to have two outlets on it- on those empties where there is no power, you can still vacuum with an extention cord. Done it that way quite a few times.)

666 hours fuel pump went out..

800 hours rebuild kit for CAT. Now at 2000 hours Honda is leaking oil pretty much everywhere... Im just cleaning it up until it goes..I will prolly end up replacing the motor. Diesel burner has had no issues at all. IT just works.

Vac gauge replaced twice..now I don't bother fixing it..its sitting permanently at 20hg..

Water temp gauge broken twice..now I don't bother fixing it...

Pressure gauge replaced once..got a better quality so it works better than original.

Pressure regulator replaced once.

Powder coat is coming off even in places where nothing ever touches the unit. It looks rusty and crusty because of that. POWDER COATING TOOLS AND MACHINES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS LINE OF WORK.

BTW I still love the El D. It is really a good unit even though I have gone thru I believe a lot more crap than normal....perhaps the unit wasn't exactly new when I got it. (it was sold to me at Adco/Masterblend as a 24 hour used demo unit and looked very clean) Credit to Masterblend: they always took care of me when there was an issue, although it cost me money...but overall, good support.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom