Matched Belts, what do you know.

Mikey P

Administrator
First off nobody asked your opinion Corky. For a guy who does not know how paint primer works, you should just keep your mouf shut.

So..

I was told I'd be sent a set with sequential numbers on each belt. (Imagine buying three slices of salami that were each sliced off the sausage in order and marked that way)

As you can see the set I received are out of order..

Are they good enough?

20130604_211124_zps0f997727.jpg

20130604_211207_zps88ca4fd9.jpg

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The V80 designation means that all belts marked as such meet their (Gates') match standards (same as RMA Standards IP-20 and IP-22).

They are "matched". You are fine.

Last edited:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
If you buy a banded belt the numbers are sure to be sequencial. I also think you would find that the banded belt will have less flopping around during operation.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Many applications consist of a multi-belt drive where more than one belt is used to transmit the horsepower required. The Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) Standard IP-20 and IP-22 specify permissible length variations for a set of classical or narrow industrial V-belts. For example, all belts up to 63 inches in a set must not vary more than 0.15 inch from the longest to the shortest belt. If they do, the load will not be evenly distributed and belts will wear out faster.

Banded or sequential.......not going to make a bit of difference on the Vortex.........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom