Materblend At Last and OSR question

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have been using At Last for a couple of weeks and I think I like it.
On a pee odor and stain job I have been using OSR before I switched over. I was under the impression that since OSR is an oxidizer I should water claw it out after 20 min or so but not rinse ore clean the carpets in that area. Is that right?
At Last is an oxidizer also but it's liquid and can be sprayed with a hydroforce. Beats having top mix OSR up in a bucket. Masterblend says to clean the carpets after using it. So why is At Last different?
Second question is mix ratio related
At Last is supposed to be mixed at 1:10 ratio. They say to use a 1:10 tip in a Hydroforce sprayer.
My Hydroforce is 1:8 it's the only tip I have and I don't want to change tips on a job. So that would make the solution a little stronger.Are ther any downsides or is 1:8 close enough?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I always clean after clawing, making sure to flush out the CARPET thoroughly. Enough oxidizer will remain in the PADDING, which I think is where it's needed most.

I don't trust a sub-surface extraction tool to remove all of whatever slop you created in the padding, and then pulled up through the carpet, from the carpet itself.
I think there is enough residue left "up top" by a claw to warrant a good flushing.
I use a Flash Extractor, and can usually see wetter stripes (Seem to follow the vacuum slot pattern) when I disengage it from the carpet.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
at last is an awesome product for mild to medium urine issues. I use it a lot on rentals and other residential where the client doesn't want to spend the money to do whats needed but wants a noticeable result. I run it undiluted all the time no negative reaction yet. I have spot cleaned with it with the water claw also. I also like it because I send employees out to do rentals and its really easy to tell them " if it smells like piss you pre spray with this bottle instead of this one" I have had some pretty funky ones that at last couldn't faze but I have also had several residentials with minor pet odors where it knocked it out of the park and did a great job. Masterblend may tell you its ok to extract right away but the fundamentals of cleaning say letting it dwell for a minute never hurt. I usualy let it dwell about 10 or 15 minutes and it does ok. It also does well on vomit and other protein related soiling

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Beats having top mix OSR up in a bucket.

I don't think it is always easiest to get your treatment deep enough into the padding using a inline sprayer if you suspect the issue has migrated deep within the padding, you may want to still consider mixing in a bucket regardless of the product being used..
Personally, I was never a fan of using the bucket itself to pour a solution onto the carpet unless it's a very large area. I usually prepare it in a bucket, but then transfer the treatment into something that is easier to control and pour, like a pitcher or plant waterer.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I have a bucket lid with little holes in it, that way i can control what I pour pretty well, but still, on upstairs rooms I worry about using too much liquid. As far as getting down into the pad. If I want to get deep into the pad I stick the nozzle onto the carpet in several places and then I walk on the area. I'm thinking that that would do the trick.

Name
Andy McFadden
I've been doing more urine treatments that way, (with an Inline sprayer) works great in most cases. I've been using proliminater sunshine 32oz in a 4-1 , (about 8oz per gallon?) also mix in about 5-8 oz per gallon 40 vol peroxide. Just give the urine spots as good shoot of that mix , and it's basically a done deal.

For heavy stuff I've been liking odor attack from Cobb. I still have never tried OSR, But I will prolly get that next since so many like it.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I have both UrineLoc and Skunk Odor Control. I have had good results with both but have questions about the Skunk product. It seems to contain lots of ethoxylated compounds. It has an acidic PH but I note it says to be cautious of allowing it to come into contact with timber. I also noticed that on a test piece of a nylon - wool blended carpet that I allows to dwell in the product overnight it causes significant browning even though it has a PH of 5.8. Is the product an oxidiser? It seems to behave like one.

Has anybody used it to pre-spray a whole carpeted area as a standard pre-spray? I have a pretty gross heavily urine soiled room to clean shortly and I'm curious to know if this product might take care of the regular soiling and pee in one application. As most soiling is protein based and much of urine is protein also I reasoned the product would be effective in traffic lanes and the like. I notice is foams heavily.

Anybody else have experience with it?

Grant

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom