Max PSI for TG and importance of solution tank on portable ?

Cody G

Name
Cody Gibson
My name is Cody, I am new to the industry. I have been in a totally different cleaning business for 38 years and have the opportunity to change. For multiple reasons I have chosen to go with a portable unit. The info I need help with is, what is the normal PSI used for TG. 1200 and 1500 psi are the options in most portables. When using a spinner is it ever necessary to go to 1500 or will 1200 psi always work. I am concerned with energy loss using a spinner with 1200 psi that in some situations it may not be enough, possibly on concrete. I understand about chemical use and dwell time. Also how important is a solution tank system compared to just an auto fill. The system I am looking at is a Goliath from Steam Brite and it only has auto file, no tank.
I have read hundreds of threads since I found this forum and greatly appreciate the volume of information I have gained from them.
Thanks.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Spinner tools can operate from about 600 / 650 PSI to over 2500 for some of the tools. Most tile cleaning is done in the 1000 to 1200 range. There will always be the occasional job that might come out a little better with more pressure. On porous concrete, even a steam cleaner at 3000 PSI is not going to remove every bit of grease and oil that has had time to penetrate deep into the concrete. Sometimes more pressure can blow out loose, broken or poorly installed grout lines. Cleaning depends not only on the PSI but all parts of the cleaning pie.

I think you should be fine with 1200 PSI.

The volume of water used when cleaning tile & grout usually makes an auto-fill almost indispensable. With a good auto fill, the size of the tank does not matter a lot. anywhere from 7 gallons on up should work. I am not a fan of the no tank models, but I will leave comments on that to the folks who use them on a regular basis.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For tile jobs over 400 sqft. You probably want auto fill/dump. I just 2 small balconies, aprox 100 sqft each using a 10 gallon machine. Filled it twice per balcony. Using a turbo hybrid spinner at 1200 psi@1.5 GPM. Goes through water quick. Use low foam detergents or bring defoamer. It's hard to find a machine that does both t&g and carpets well. Most t&g machines work well but don't have enough vacuum power for carpet. I use one system for t&g and another for carpets.

Reactions: J Scott W

Cody G

Name
Cody Gibson
Thanks Cleanworks. I understand that different carpet types and situations would call for different cfm and lift but should 200 cfm and 117 lift with 25 to 50 feet of hose be sufficient? I am willing to start off with short hose runs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks Cleanworks. I understand that different carpet types and situations would call for different cfm and lift but should 200 cfm and 117 lift with 25 to 50 feet of hose be sufficient? I am willing to start off with short hose runs.
You can get by with it but you probably won't be very happy with it. 50 ft is 25 feet too long. I would have a little more lift and less airflow. I like a minimum of 136 inches lift. Thicker carpets and textured carpets can be difficult to extract without enough suction. For commercial carpet it's fine.

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom