Maxx 470 air pump is jacked

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
There's a ticking noise comming out of the air pump on the tm.

Hydramaster basically is saying to replace due to diaphram going bad....$300.00 part.

I've replaced diaphrams in aquarium pumps..I know this is probably not as simple but can it still be done??

thanks,
Albert

T

The Magician

Albert my Maxx air pump went bad too. What does it do? I wonder if we can match the pump # with a auto store.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Jimmy, I ordered one today. Apparantley the pump feeds the cadilac converter and according to Hydramaster you'll loose some heat. Not really sure how that is though. I was unsuccessful in googleing the few numbers I got from the pump.

Any clicking noises on yours?. Post a number if you have any success in finding one somewhere else.

Albert

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
On average you will lose about 10% of your heat by bypassing the air pump. It can be done pretty easily but if you do need a new one shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do for you.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Take the pump into a NAPA auto parts store. I had to replace my 405 Performer pump, and NAPA had the replacement, at a much lower price.
A new pump does increase the heat generated.

MerCrewser

rwcarpet said:
Take the pump into a NAPA auto parts store. I had to replace my 405 Performer pump, and NAPA had the replacement, at a much lower price.

Do you have the part number for this?

T

The Magician

I lost about 20/30 deg. heat when it went bad. I'l try to get the part number off the old pump. Prochem 405 uses the same pump. Lee should be paying attention to this post.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
MerCrewser said:
rwcarpet said:

Do you have the part number for this?

I'll check later today when I get to the garage.....if I can dig it out.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I got mine in today. There is a number for the gear part of it 95010139. There is a sticker on the top that says "Lamanar" (made in Hungary). Can't google anything on it.

Albert

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Albert Lazo said:
I got mine in today. There is a number for the gear part of it 95010139. There is a sticker on the top that says "Lamanar" (made in Hungary). Can't google anything on it.

Albert

I do remember mine was made in Hungary....is this a specialty of theirs???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom