Maybe I need to start charging for estimates...

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I stopped giving estimates, unless it's large commercial. It just takes too much time and usually estimate residential types are looking for the lowest price. I tell them, "$200 minimum, .35 per sqft, $3 per stair, $45 per gallon/2 gallon minimum for urine treatment." That immediately weeds out the time wasters.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
I've had three in a row in our people pick my brain in person for well over an hour and end up doing it themselves... mostly hard surface

Much like shower stalls, people think I'm a $25 an hour service...
I’ve had a client (high end home cleaning service), or so I thought, followed me around on 2 jobs now, asking questions, and taking notes...
She is fookin clueless....
For example, she uses peroxide and/or double strength cleaning vinegar for almost everything.... including cleaning stone....
Can’t figure out why it keeps getting duller and duller.... SO, SHE KEEPS ADDING MORE, and scrubbing harder....
Uses and open face lemon to ‘wet’ down glass or mirrors, then uses shyte quality paper towels to ‘clean it up’.....
I find it hard to call her an idiot to her face, as she has referred me to probably 8-10 high end clients....
FACE-PALM....

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
People moving out...

We need to start asking what their budget is before proceeding with anything.
I think you nailed it. Prequalify over the phone, text or email.

Estimates will always benefit you because you speak well and are to explain what needs to be done and their options. You sell well, provided they have the budget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom