Maybe think about getting a good vacuum soon.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Hey Shawn.

Mate, you guys have nothing to worry about, you already lead the world. Becuase of your 120v system and the many old buildings you have with 12 amp circuits, most US manufacturers will design their vacuum cleaners to respect the 12 amp limit. This means that no vacuum cleaner motor on general sale in a US department store; among other household vacuum cleaners will exceed 1440watts consumption at peak.

120 vollts x 12 amps = 1440watts.

You are basically already there. And so you should be you invented this stuff. Ohio is the cradle of life for the vacuum cleaner industry in many ways. And your best (and most expensive machines) are and always have been super energy efficient anyway while being solid machines. The Kirby cleans carpet better than anything I have ever seen, and it consumes just 635watts.

Nothing to see here..... Move along.

Grant

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I feel like I just went to school nice Grant, Moving along now. I might just get a used kirby after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm jumping on that 18" Royal. I'm pretty sold on those "direct air" machines. Thanks Grant for all of the great info, pics, videos over the last few months.

Choosing the big Royal due to it's wide head and sheer balls that I expect it cleans with!

G'day mate.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
A completely different, yet more realistic subject that has never been, (yet should have) discussed here:
Which vacuum looks the best parked in the van?

Which, beside absolutely the most extreme circumstances, (say if Toni Wheel.. was present at the cleaning) is where it should always stay.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
A completely different, yet more realistic subject that has never been, (yet should have) discussed here:
Which vacuum looks the best parked in the van?

Which, beside absolutely the most extreme circumstances, (say if Toni Wheel.. was present at the cleaning) is where it should always stay.

Don't you share our vacuum cleaner fetish Ofer?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I saw a video of the Royal I think I'll get. The guy running it said it sounds like a plane is taking off!

I'm going to make a big stupid deal about that monster on our Facebook business page.

They don't call us The Clean Machine for nothing!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Once I get some help (Spring???), I want to prevacuum with the monster and rotary extraction in every residential job.

This stuff is getting in my blood...and I like it!

Reactions: ruff

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I got a refurbished wind tunnel pet pro on woot.com because Richard said it was a good vacuum. It's great bought extra belts and filters I'm good to go

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I bought a 1949 Kirby in really good condition, a while back it only has a 6 amp motor I believe. It had its original dump out bag, so I made a outer bag skin with hd dev bag material and bought some hepa liners for a whole house vacuum so I can toss them. The airflow improved a noticeable amount. The smaller amp motor is not very loud. You can't believe what this thing picks up. The only bummer is even with the even with the smaller motor you can get lock down and it becomes hard to use, bummer because it does a great job. It was made the same year my Mom was born. Customers always notice it.
I really like the vacuum except for the lock down every now and then.
IMG_20131010_202854_194_zpsf361cf31.jpg

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom