Maybe you're a bit too diversified...

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Yeah i rarely use razor if at all on the window. I prefer to use chems designed for windows to remove debris result of construction installation... I usually turn down CCU anyways

exactly turn down CCU, when you think you're gonna charge enough double it instead

Reactions: DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
not all new glass can have a blade used on it. even the new stuff nowadays. its microscopic ridges that the blade catches and drags everywhere.

a friend had that on a new construction every pane was scratched. 3" blade is a bad idea. if using a 1" blade your much safer. even steel wool can't be used on them
Yeah, thats why i tell clients to have their window washed 2x or 3x a year to protect the window otherwise it will get damage by elements or water spot/stain that will need more aggressive cleaning..

All new current glass, i use white pad instead of steel wool to be on safe side, cuz i don't wanna pay for it...

Reactions: Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Yeah, thats why i tell clients to have their window washed 2x or 3x a year to protect the window otherwise it will get damage by elements or water spot/stain that will need more aggressive cleaning..

All new current glass, i use white pad

instead of steel wool to be on safe side, cuz i don't wanna pay for it...

i use #0000 on resi and commercial with old glass.

have a city hall building in a neighboring town that we clean and what a pain, i wasn't about too risk any damage.

we diddnt do the ccu and there's already scratches

need to pick up some bronze wool here soon.

need it when poling trad and have gunk that wont come off easily. its so hot we have too be quick

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Same with quad steel. I need to get bronze again. white pad been doing well for window that's been up kept, pretty safe and scrubs well.

Reactions: Fat Mike

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
The dry wall sander that i can attach to pole that i got from Lowe's. I get the doodle white pad and put it on it. Same with steel wool.

My squeegees is super sorbo 14 and 18 inch and moermon exelerator with fliq modded with ettore brass channel 14 and 18 inch.

No wfp yet

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
The dry wall sander that i can attach to pole that i got from Lowe's. I get the doodle white pad and put it on it. Same with steel wool.

My squeegees is super sorbo 14 and 18 inch and moermon exelerator with fliq modded with ettore brass channel 14 and 18 inch.

No wfp yet

nice

i love my sorbo channels have one thays 30"
use 18" all the time. use ninja handle tho

i got an 18" moerman fliq didnt like it. 12" would've been better.

i use wagtail instead all the time.

have 3 wfp's. tucker, triple crown and gardiner

Reactions: DAT and Kenny Hayes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
i use #0000 on resi and commercial with old glass.

have a city hall building in a neighboring town that we clean and what a pain, i wasn't about too risk any damage.

we diddnt do the ccu and there's already scratches

need to pick up some bronze wool here soon.

need it when poling trad and have gunk that wont come off easily. its so hot we have too be quick
That's another reason I quit cleaning windows. The only good jobs I got was in the middle of summer, where the reflection of the sun blinded me while cooking my water on the pane. Screw that! I have some dirty carpet in a air conditioned room that needs cleaned.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
That's another reason I quit cleaning windows. The only good jobs I got was in the middle of summer, where the reflection of the sun blinded me while cooking my water on the pane. Screw that! I have some dirty carpet in a air conditioned room that needs cleaned.

i get cooked on some but not too bad. even if im doing cleaning some customers keep homes 80 and above which is nasty. least outside get some breeze.

we generally avg pretty high and overhead is stupid low

Reactions: DAT

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I want to try the Moerman combinator. One of you recommend and one don’t?.

channel is too light at the length i used it at.

thats prob why dat changed it too ettore channel (heavier and sturdier)

ive yet to modify mine. it has a different style then my wagtail highflyer though moerman scrubbers hold way more fluid than wagtail hyflyers.

i like the hiflyer for the less fluis when working indoors but gets annoying exterior work.

moerman adjustable angle handle is good too. just found the edges get chewed up faster than typical square cut

Reactions: Kenny Hayes and DAT

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I’m not in the #business, but we clean a lot of windows and doors.

definitely helps too learn the techniques if your doing a lot of glass in your janitorial accts. makes everything faster and dawn is cheap makes mirrors a breeze too

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom