MBay

Mikey P

Administrator
toast.

auction off your junk in Jimbo's room.

I'm looking to thin down this mess some more, any suggestions for other worthless rooms?

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey P said:
toast.

auction off your junk in Jimbo's room.

I'm looking to thin down this mess some more, any suggestions for other worthless rooms?

Yeah a video room. Let the users here post videos of "how to do". Includes carpet cleaning, stain removal, T&G cleaning and repair, uph cleaning, vaccuming and everything that deals with the industry. Have it so the post are locked so there can be no comments to keep it clean and not cluttered.

It would be a great resource for the newbies that sign up to your BB and it can also teach ol dogs new tricks. The videos would have to be screened by the mods to make sure someone isnt posting hack work. It would be a great addition.

F

FB7777

Mikey is looking to subtract not add rooms Brent

videos could go in 'the thousand words' room

I visit 4 rooms here

Most of the stuff in these specialty rooms could go in the clean room IMO

Equip repair room, earth wind and fire, marketing etc reduces the number of views topics will receive

If I have a question or comment it goes in either the clean room or bird room

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i like the idea of a video room.. Could be a very good tool..

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I can see Fred's point. The EWF room was dead up until recently, along with many of the others. It seems the other rooms are almost like an archive for the board. Maybe all questions should be asked in the clean room, and once they die they get moved to their respected places. If someone wants to comment after it dies they still can, but the bulk of the discussion will be in the clean room for everyone to see. It will give Foster something to do during the day to move dead threads where they go. I know you don't want to have MORE rooms. But create one thats called Archives or something, and move the Hard Surface, EWF, Tool Box, into there as sub catagories. That will take less space of the main index. Keep the marketing room on the main, along with cleaners magazine and the other privacy stuff too.

I KNOW it'll be a pain in the ass to move that stuff, but shouldn't be too hard. Just make those main pages sub catagories of Archives.

Name
I'm Rick James
fred boyle said:

I visit 4 rooms here

Equip repair room, earth wind and fire, marketing etc reduces the number of views topics will receive

The thousand room room is for pics. I understand subtracting rooms that dont get visited or contribute to the education of the industry. Telling someone how to do something vs showing them how to do it is to different things. I am sure some of the newbies would love to see how stain removal works, how to upsell, how to be professional in the customers house, how to clean grout and the list goes on. It would be a very useful tool for new and old alike.

Would it be another room yeah. Thats why i mention not to allow comments on the videos posted to keep it less cluttered and have the videos screened prior to posting to ensure no hack work is going on.

It would be a great tool to get and retain new visitors. It wouldnt be for everyone, the ones that know everything or think they know. But majority of the people here still has something they can learn and help grow their business.

Mikey P

Administrator
Brent I work for a living, I'm not Tre who has all day to create lame videos.

and good videos would be a full time job for 2 or three people.

Brent said:
fred boyle said:

I visit 4 rooms here

The thousand room room is for pics. I understand subtracting rooms that dont get visited or contribute to the education of the industry. Telling someone how to do something vs showing them how to do it is to different things. I am sure some of the newbies would love to see how stain removal works, how to upsell, how to be professional in the customers house, how to clean grout and the list goes on. It would be a very useful tool for new and old alike.

Would it be another room yeah. Thats why i mention not to allow comments on the videos posted to keep it less cluttered and have the videos screened prior to posting to ensure no hack work is going on.

It would be a great tool to get and retain new visitors. It wouldnt be for everyone, the ones that know everything or think they know. But majority of the people here still has something they can learn and help grow their business.

or you could enter the OCIBR video contest ;)

Video entries to air on OCIBR TV for cleaners

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey P said:

That is why I mention to let your users make them. People have posted their videos in regards to what I mentioned. Not one person has to make them. They dont have to be top quality, hours of editing. I think you even make videos of you and you helper cleaning. I just feel it would be a good tool for BB users. Some people do better and understand better if they see someone doing it. Just a thought on improving the BB and creating more users. I think there are many users here that might like to show off for the camera/

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey P said:
Have you posted a video yet?

No. Plenty of people have. I'm not going to try and talk you into it. It just seems like it would be a good tool to help grow businesses and for people to learn. You could even have you helper film you when you are cleaning rugs in your cleaning plant. So cleaners around the world can see how its done. Come on you like the attention.

G

Mikey P said:

Wow! and your the owner of this board? You take low blows at your competition? That's sad.

Mikey P

Administrator
Whats even sadder is your buddy Tre spent a week producing a video all about me.

Do your research before taking shots, newb.

CapeCleaner

Matt Strader said:
[quote="Mikey P":3vql93i7]Brent I work for a living, I'm not Tre who has all day to create lame videos.

Wow! and your (you are -- you're) the owner of this board? You take low blows at your competition? That's sad.[/quote:3vql93i7]
What's your point Strader? He simply said he doesn't have time to be producing videos because he is working. Unlike Junior, most everybody is making it on their own versus being bankrolled by Daddy. Before "taking shots" yourself, why not consider this: if anyone had posted on *** what you posted here, the post and/or thread would immediately disappear and the poster would be on the path to being banned.

As for taking shots, can you explain this from holier-than-thou Rob Allen:

Yesterday, 02:11 PM
Rob Allen Administrator Company Name: Dry-N-Clean Years In Business: 23
Quote:
We will not allow anything that resembles that of another board that is ran by a pathological liar. It has no benefit here imho.
Rob Allen :Quote

Strader is one of Junior's groupies and even bought a "premium" *** hat that he is shown wearing in his avatar. That should sufficiently explain things.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Matt nice website. I am not sure what the rules are on the IICRC Logo but you would be perceived as a Certified Firm but your company does not come up at all when searched through the IICRC.

I know they have been taking that very seriously.

I got this e-mail this morning
"Mines Dady vary hapie Matt stick up me"

I understand wanting to cut down the number of rooms but please dont get rid of the EWF room. I love it and think its a great room to learn in...
thanks to all the mods especially R. Chavez who is always quick to answer any restoration questions that I have....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks Rob, but if it was narrowed down then questions asked would be seen by the majority, not the minority and you would end up with more input.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom