Mechanically agitating Microfiber

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Anyone safely using any type of machine to agitate Microfiber upholstery??

Maybe a small hand-held oscillating unit with a soft pad on it??

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I use the VonSchrader upholstery machine which has 2 brushes in the head that turn in opposite directions. It opens up the fine tight pile on micro fiber and I can easily clean the rattyist microfiber to perfection. I use a damp cotton towel to groom the fiber to lay flat after I get done each section.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
what do you mean "safely" , Frank?
What are your concerns?

..L.T.A.

Safely in reagards to not damaging the fabric or piece in any way.

Scrubbing dirty Microfiber with a hand brush has gotten old real fast, so I want to try something faster but am concearned about utilizing something too aggressive.
As an example, I'm sure a little hand orbital would be fine, but can I play Leatherface on a sofa with a big Makita?

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Funny that this thread came up. I was thinking the same thing.
emy8atag.jpg

Reactions: Art Kelley

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
We use two different machines.

We use the Cyclo mini orbiter with either soft brushes or bonnets.

Or, we use the Makita variable speed polisher, set at 1,000 rpm, with bonnets.

We also towel off as Mardie said, but if they are excessively filthy, we also rinse/extract with a small spotter/porty.

Towelling off when finished also gives a better "hand" and look compared to a carding brush.

Others are welcome to disagree and put their comments up so that I may learn a new trick or more.:very_drunk:

:yoda:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
but can I play Leatherface on a sofa with a big Makita?

sure.
it just depends what you have on the end of it and technique
I'd suggest you NOT use a wire brush or grinding/sanding disc .... but a wool bonnet might be nice .
don't push so hard and long on one spot at mega RPM that you create TOO MUCH friction heat either .

You don't have to baby it, just don't be monkey butt and "cook" it
you're a sharp guy though, and have never given any indication of being a monkey butt, so I'm sure you'll be fine

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Ron K

We've found that the agitation slice of the cleaning pie for micro fibre is really not that critical. A good pre-conditioner and a good rinsing Upholstery Tool does the trick. The only places we really agitate are arms and grease-ball head areas. We do always towel all our upholstery.

Reactions: Royal Man

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I use the VonSchrader upholstery machine which has 2 brushes in the head that turn in opposite directions. It opens up the fine tight pile on micro fiber and I can easily clean the rattyist microfiber to perfection. I use a damp cotton towel to groom the fiber to lay flat after I get done each section.
Mardie do you have a spotter or a small portable for doing upholstery or isolated areas that need extraction or are you 100% shampoo

Able 1

Name
Keith
I used one for a while(I need to put it back on the truck), it was taken out when I cleaned out my van. You can get this one a Walmart:
View attachment 3351 I need some more micro fiber pads for it but it work well.. I think it was like $20-$30.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I use a Makita polisher with a fiber+ pad. Scrubbs like a champ. Then extract with the Saphire. Happiness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom