Members in Central, or South America?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
We will Lee.
Though, have you considered referring him to ICS and *****************.

Rumor has it, that they are a lot more civilized over there :p

I'm in Yucátan, Mexico. Although I hear México is actually part of North America. :D

Although if Nicaragua is anything like Mexico (and I'm sure it is) you son isn't going to be doing much carpet cleaning there.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Lee Stockwell said:
Just got my son to sign up from Nicaragua. Be nice to him, he's nicer than me.

Thanks,
Lee

Tell your son to post pictures, I'm sure the weather down there now is great, well year around I bet.

Philip posted some pics before and made me very depressed, especially now in this cold weather. Ivebeensold

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
tmdry said:
Lee Stockwell said:
Just got my son to sign up from Nicaragua. Be nice to him, he's nicer than me.

Thanks,
Lee

Tell your son to post pictures, I'm sure the weather down there now is great, well year around I bet.

Philip posted some pics before and made me very depressed, especially now in this cold weather. Ivebeensold
Hi Bill,

Just to add fuel to the fire here in Santiago, Dominican Republic it is around 7:00 AM, the windows in my home office are open and it is a slightly chilly 64 degrees. Forecast for today is sunny and 78.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS If I can roust Sioux out of bed after a late night we will go for our before breakfast walk around the neighborhood.

We're spoiled Steve. This is the cold season here too. The locals are running around in boots, sometimes hats and gloves. The coldest I've see so far is 59 at night. Burrr!!!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Jason:

I just had a weekend class with a good buddy who's back from there: David Turner and his wife. They came back to make a little money, and will be returning. He previously cleaned carpet also, and for years worked @ Bridgepoint. Are you acquainted with him? I think one of them will start drawing Social Security and will be able to stay on their next visit.

We’d love to join you too, but have family members to care for. But we’re proud of you for keeping your life simple, and showing us what is most important.

Sincerely,
Dale

Jason,

Welcome to the board. And welcome to Latin America. You will NEVER regret your decision to do what you're doing. My wife and I have been in Mexico working for about a year and a half to do the same work you are. We have to go back to work for a while too in the spring, but we sure hope to be able to come back. Life down here sure opens up your eyes and see the world from a different perspective.

Phillip

JLS

Yes, we truthfully enjoy serving down here! We have 2 children 6 and 4 years. Been down here a little over 2 years. What a privilege! Nice to read about carpet cleaning still though. It is in my blood. But believe it or not I am surprised in the bigger cities carpets are more common than I expected (one in a million as opposed to one in a billion). Of course most are ex-pats. I would say there is more of a market for furniture/mattress than carpets though.

Wow. That's interesting. So are you working down there then?

I was in a mall here last week (we decided to go see Tron) and I saw a display advertising a local Carpet Cleaning company. I was surprised. They had a picture of a tiny portable of some sort. If I get back there, I'll take a picture.

I also met one of my neighbors here who is originally from New Orleans. He said he owned a restoration company there but lost everything in Katrina. He brought a US Products machine down here and wants to start cleaning drapery and upholstery here.

We are also building a brand new assembly hall here in Mérida. The rumor is that once the building is finished, they're going to carpet it. I'm surprised because I haven't seen any carpet here in the last year and a half.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom