Met with a rep from LivingSocial today

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Living Social is exactly like Groupon for those that don't know. My plan was only to do tile cleaning with no sealing with a certain sq ft max, he shows me a company in Houston TX cleaning and sealing T/G for $18 (200-2500 sq ft)....how the eff are they gonna do that? Bait and switch somehow, I'm sure, or some poor bastards slaving away. Unbelieveable. If you search "living social tile grout cleaning" on google it's there. They probably won't approve my deal because it's not low enough, but I thought I would give it a shot.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, living social is only second to the mighty Groupon. lol

Although they will take a lesser % AND pay you all your earnings up front.

Their deals are in line with Groupons...but the sales guys really push the issue.....Why?

Because they know that selling 1000 at $20.00 is better for business than selling 100 for $100.

Doesn't make it right...and I wouldn't do that deal either. But I think tile is too "expensive" for them to consider it.

I've tried about 5 times to do a tile deal with Groupon and they always get rejected...i'm pretty sure they think of it as a "mop" job...not like you do it Bill.

The guy running that deal is probably going to do just that.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
they're selling rooms for a weekend in Tahoe....skydiving...day spa's...etc for 3 digits...why not tile cleaning?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Go with the carpet cleaning and upsell the Tile and Grout

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
dmirf1@msn.com said:
Go with the carpet cleaning and upsell the Tile and Grout
I'm not cleaning carpets for $49 at or a whole house for $99 at 50% hoping I can add on tile/grout. I felt like I was already prostituting myself with the tile price I gave them. I recieved an email late last night that they aren't going to do the tile ad. Like a lot of people said: This will work for businesses where the custy comes to you, but service businesses like us.....pretty tough since all they care about is lowball pricing. But I thought I would see for myself in person...hey I got a free lunch out of it from the rep shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The $99 whole house thing is working well for me here in Dallas.

Not sure it will work for everyone but it CAN work if you take the risk and are willing to put up with just a few PITA customers....most have been really good.

The devil is in the details....Right Odin?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
after seeing those pics of that mansion you went to do 2 rooms at, I was more than convinced I wanted nothing to do with the carpet side of this type of advertising...that looked like a PITA to deal with

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ha...it was. There ARE exceptions.

But Groupon is just a foot in the door...you have to spend money to make money...however you decide to spend it.

At least with Groupon and the likes you don't have to take the money out of your bank account and hand it to them.

They really do all the sales.

Ron will be doing one soon and I'm sure he'll contact you to see if you're interested in doing some work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom