Metal strain reliefs on solution hoses?

Bob Foster

Have any of you used those metal coiled wire strain reliefs on paraflex before? Pros and cons please.

I got a set and I put the coiled blue plastic spiral strain relief over them because they felt hot and might mark stuff.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I do and no longer use the coiled plastic over top and have never have a problem with it marking or scratching because I use those blue plastic insulated female quick connects. It raises the hose end far enough off the floor that the coil do not become an issue. I like the coil has it does not trap the heat around the crimp.

John Watson

Never had a problem with any cepting they kink easy when running hot hot through then. some are many years old. Had to replace every few years when our son and daughter tore them and everything else to pieces.

Helen and I have not had to replace hardly any thig since we got our systems in place. All my old suppliers think were gone or switched to someone else...

Bob Foster

I just started using Paraflex and I like it. No problems yet. I'm told when the weather is cooler it will be a different story.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Joe sells the Parflex with shorter metal coil with the nylon covers and they work fine.Greenie sold longer coils on his Parflex and they were fine also. Usually if you set the wand down, the metel coils won't touch flooring anyways, so its a non issue.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Bob Foster said:
I just started using Paraflex and I like it. No problems yet. I'm told when the weather is cooler it will be a different story.

Bob, I run the parker here during Calgary winters and as long as I roll it up right away its fine. The key for Parflex seems to be breaking it in at high heat and then it behaves a lot better.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
If you are not real careful the wire coil can mark up walls and furniture when working it tight areas and staircases. I prefer a vinyl sleeve at the wand.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Never liked the coils, but to be fair we never used them so I don't know for sure.We removed them before using them I was afraid they might scratch a wood, tile, or marble floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom