Mice Smell in Closed up Cabin

Name
Swani
I received a call the other day about cleaning a cabin that smells like mice. They were wondering if cleaning the carpets would help. I explained that in order to be successful we would need to remove the source and that cleaning the carpets is only one piece of the pie. My question to you guys is should I treat this job like a smoke odor job where thermal fogging could be successful? Also washing down the walls?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I received a call the other day about cleaning a cabin that smells like mice. They were wondering if cleaning the carpets would help. I explained that in order to be successful we would need to remove the source and that cleaning the carpets is only one piece of the pie. My question to you guys is should I treat this job like a smoke odor job where thermal fogging could be successful? Also washing down the walls?
That might me overkill... But the Odor could actually be more than mice urine and feces smell.

Check for other Odor sources as well first... Check if there has been a water intrusion. Cellulosic smell can smell like urine too.

Name
Matt Middleton
Ditto.

Mikey P

Administrator
We have one of those mouse traps that's a metal box where they can get in but not get out the end of the season will put some peanut butter in there.

The beginning of the season there's a huge massacre scene.. tons of tails and feets and ears and fur ..

And one big fat dead mouse..

Reactions: Living The Dream

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Depends on the extent
Where the mice built their condos and how many families have resided there all winter

Might be as simple as clean the bedding areas and ventilate
To much more extensive

one size don’t fit all
Have to go inspect

Simply cleaning the carpets won’t get it
Cause it’s unlikely that’s where they’re living unless they’re seeing lots of chewed carpet and nests

..L.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
This is a potentially deadly situation Nick

Mice in cabins can harbor hanta virus, which can kill you. I know this partly because of being a disaster/bio remediation guy, partly because I'm the "Crocodile Hunter" type that spends most of this time dealing with wildlife when not dealing with this business,.....but also personally, as I lost a friend to it when he bought a cabin and was cleaning it up.

This is not a job you should do unless you are prepared to do the entire "PPE and Containment" things needed for other bio remediation projects.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom