Mickey's Board

Why is this the best board for carpet cleaners? Many reasons I can think of. Here are some, please tell me what are yours? The Gurus of our industry are becoming less relevant. New ones have emerged. This board has several, they are here every day, every hour. No need to worry cause you can't get an answer to your cleaning problem on the east coast late at night, somebody in another time zone answers your question. The new Guru's names that I need to remember all start with the letter M. They make their home here with us. Hopefully they well help me/you as we take our cleaning companies into 2009. They are Mickey, Marty, and Martin. If we call these are captains of our team. The rest of our team consist of skilled people at multiple positions (like an all star team). The beauty of our team is that no one gets cut from the team. If you show up, you make the squad. I hope one day I can get a jacket or a ring as a letterman. I can only hope this board expands to an even greater level. With some of the talent here It is looking possible. Thank You, Ron

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron I love ya but for the love of mike please do not ever consider Marty and I Gurus of anything other than being complete internet addicted losers.

As for Jim. Yes he the most helpful guy on the board, yes his wife makes terrific seasonal fruit baskets, yes he can re wire a Steamway 2100 better tan anyone I know but do you know he ran his vortex for 6 months with out the waste tank lid on?

I really dont believe there are any individual Gurus on MB, each member adds something to the pot and collectively the members here do make it the World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum.

Well, except for Watson, he holds the obnoxious arsehole Guru status in my book.

F

FB7777

its the Leadership of this board, plain and simple

The Admins are givers

How they were able to balance advertiser influence, riff raff, and snake oil salemen against solid information and entertainment is beyond me.

Mikey P

Administrator
What advertiser influence?

Wasn't it the Val Pak Viking who was crying for weeks about how this place would change when the banners went up?

Freddy, has ANYTHING changed?

other than more contests from Jon Don and that Steve and Billy post even less now?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey P said:
I really dont believe there are any individual Gurus on MB, each member adds something to the pot and collectively the members here do make it the World's Greatest Carpet Cleaning Forum.

Well, except for Watson, he holds the obnoxious arsehole Guru status in my book.

I totally agree.

F

FB7777

I wasn't clear in my post, I'm referring to influences as it applies to other boards

some advertisers on 'non-hate boards' feel a tremendous amount of entitlement when it comes to posting

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Everyone contributes in there own way....it is not just certain people but everyone who gets involved.......
that makes this board stand out above and beyond all the others......As hard as some may seem I really don't think that there is not a single person that would not step up for anyone who needs the help....

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ron, Great post !!!!!!!!!!!. I think that the best thing about Mikey's Board is the exchange of ideas. Mike has opened a way for us all to pool the experiences and the needs we have for better equipment. The carpet cleaning industry has always been very fragmented, so it has been difficult to influence the manufacturers to improve their equipment to meet our changing needs. If we are to succeed in our businesses we need to always be on top of what our customers want, and the only way to do this is to have the same support from our suppliers.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I never thought a guy who seemed to get kicked off every board he was on, no doubt somewhat because his dry sense of humor did not translate clearly over the internet, would ever develop a board that would be taken seriously. It used to be the last board I would go to, now it's the first. Once you sift through the bs, there seems to be better info for the professional cleaner than elsewhere. Of course I am more of a board skimmer than an in depth reader, so take my comments for what they are worth. :lol:

M

Mark Imbesi

harryhides said:
...Marty's head appears to be growing rapidly.

pighead.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
one thing that makes this board different is the ability to keep an open mind to knew ideas. From 4 or 5 to the door, 2.5" hose, glides, sticky tabs, Maker's products, different presprays,etc etc, we are exploring all avenues here, from this board, to make cleaning more and more efficient.

Its the open communication that is so valuable. Mike started all this out of a need, out of being pissed off most likely at the closed doors/minds of ICS. From that point all of us on this board have discussed just about every aspect of cleaning we know of, so far.
I think of the new cleaner, less than 5 yrs in the business, and the knowledge they have access to, the advantage they have over those of us with 10yrs or more in, when we first started cleaning.

I think Mike nailed it when he said
Mikey P said:
Its a collective of people that think the same, yet think differently. We all are looking to improve our business, to be better cleaners, to be better in business, and there is SO much variety in how to accomplish that.

2009 is going to be a great year!!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
I think I'll make anyone with more than 1000 posts a Admin.

Yes! I'm a moderator! Muahahhahahaha!

Who ran their truck without a waste tank lid? I missed that one...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom